What is your quartz recommendations under $1000?
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: What is your quartz recommendations under $1000?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Banned

Question What is your quartz recommendations under $1000?

Hey all,

I originally had a budget of around $500 for a watch i could wear everyday(business casual as well as just casually), but had some more funds come in and could stretch out my budget to $1000 or less.
    I'm specifically looking for this watch to be quartz. I have a few automatics and this time i want something i can wear everyday that would be less maintenance overall and something i can just toss on and go without any worry. Would also prefer Swiss made this time as most of my other watches are Japanese.

As i was browsing, i saw a few used quartz Tags and Omega's which fit around my new watch budget(TAG's for around $500 and Omega's for around $1000). More specifically the TAG 2000/Aquaracer series as well as the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 120m/Seamaster Profession(albeit not in the greatest condition) series really caught my attention.

What would you guys recommend? Do you think its worth my max budget price to purchase a used quartz Omega -or- should i consider getting a used quartz TAG and save the extra towards a future purchase.

Any help or personal opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again.
    Last edited by onlyjjp; October 22nd, 2016 at 16:43. Reason: EDIT: Added i would prefer Swiss as most other ones in my collection are Japanese.

Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown, Ireland & Almancil/Vale do Lobo/Quinta do Lago Council, Portugal

Re: What is your quartz recommendations under $1000?

My own experience is that a used Omega at this range is quite likely to have problems. A used Tag should be fine and I would recommend the Aquaracer over the 2000 - more current and will have been made since Tag upped their game so overall a nicer watch.

Remember, buy the seller. You may well be better off spending close to the $1000 on the Tag. In fact it's possible to get a new Aquaracer under $1000...

WAY1110.FT8021 | TAG HEUER AQUARACER | BRAND NEW AUTHENTIC MENS LUXURY WATCH | eBay

I would have no problem buying from this seller based on their reputation.
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/paulo_8135

* Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000D
    * Casio Oceanus
    * Omega Constellation Gold
    * Omega Gold
    * Rotary Silver
    * Seiko Premier
    * Tag Heuer Aquaracer blue

Suggest you check Grand Seiko (e.g SBGX59) too. Possibly, but not necessarily, just outside your budget though.
    bacardidu06 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Citizen Signature models can be found in this range. The moon phase and grand complication models are really nice.
    "This thing all things devours:
    Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
    Gnaws iron, bites steel,
    Grinds hard stones to meal;
    Slays king, ruins town,
    And beats high mountain down."
    J.R.R. Tolkien

I agree with Paulo Piper. I owned (and sold) a quartz aquaracer and it was my favorite piece for a long time. It carried all of the elements of a high end watch, though many others don't feel the same about Tag. I think more than any other "luxury" watch I've owned, the Tags feel the most expensive on the wrist. I was totally reliable and many of the aquaracers in the 41mm fit my 7" wrist perfectly - just a very good sized watch,

You can get a Certina Precidrive HAQ for well under your budget.
    yankeexpress and chefmateo like this.

I'd look at Bulova High frequency quartz models. I like the moon watch a lot. You might also try TAG outlet stores if there's one in your area. I once owned a TAG chronitimer, and thought it was very nice. I would imagine there are some TAG quartz watches in your budget at the outlet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Collection (reverse order of acquisition):
    BREITLING Galactic 41|PROMETHEUS Poseidon|BULOVA Moonwatch|SEIKO Tuna SBBN033|BREITLING SO Abyss|SEIKO Pepsi Turtle-X|GRUPPO GAMMA Vanguard|OMEGA PO 8500|ORIS BC4-DM|JEANRICHARD Terrascope|JEANRICHARD Aeroscope|PERPETUAL T-04|BENARUS Moray Vintage|PANERAI 560|LONGINES Heritage 1973|SWATCH Sistem 51|TUDOR Black Bay|BENARUS Moray 42|Ocean7 LM-7PVD|STOWA Antea KS|SEIKO GS SBGR051|G-Shock GS1050B|G-Shock GW7900RD-4|SEIKO SDGA001 EPD|PANERAI 312|BALL EMII DLC|BREITLING Airwolf (circa 2009)|BATHYS HAWAII AquaCulture Rose Ti|SEIKO Ananta SD GMT|BREITLING SuperOcean(circa 2007)|G-Shock Riseman|SEA-GULL M185SP|ORIS F1 Chrono '08

You could also consider some really nice ana-digi models like the Hamilton Flight Timer, a Tissot T Touch Solar, or a Certina DS Multi-8.
    "This thing all things devours:
    Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
    Gnaws iron, bites steel,
    Grinds hard stones to meal;
    Slays king, ruins town,
    And beats high mountain down."
    J.R.R. Tolkien

Classic Swiss looks and diver functionality, just quarts - Omega SMP or Omega Aqua Terra - slightly preowned - are hard to beat.

Superior accuracy and technology, while classic looks and excellent finish - preowned Grand Seiko or Citizen Chronomaster - may have to stretch budget a bit and shop around.

Swiss quartz below $1K is plentiful but generally speaking uninteresting - Tissot, Tag, Longines, Baum & Mercier, Freddie Constant, Movado and many others play in this segment - so plenty of choices (Movado Museum?). Frankly, looking at quartz in <$1K, may as well look for complications - quartz chronographs deliver functionality at much lower price than mechanicals if you are into chronos. And if open to Japanese - Citizen Ecodrives w 2100 movt are pretty nice
    GlennO, Shalalai and DanishGirl like this.
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
    "Don?t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" Greg King
    ?Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.? Mark Twain
    "The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
    "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a Rose will possess the Rose's fragrance." BB Warfield

For me personally, It'd be a Tag Aquaracer (a more recent one) or a Grand Seiko -- depending on whether I wanted dressy or sporty. Both are under budget used, and not too much over it new. I'd ignore the pile of generic Swiss quartzes in that range.

(But of course, if you're looking for a nondescript, somewhat dressy watch, that pile of generic Swiss quartzes offers plenty of selection.)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information