What are your top (5 or less) favorites in your collection and why?
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: What are your top (5 or less) favorites in your collection and why?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Smile What are your top (5 or less) favorites in your collection and why?

Hello all, I have been interested in watches for a very long time and am wondering what are your favorite watches in your collection and why? Also if you would like to comment on what you will be adding next and why?

I am very interested in knowing why people like (LOVE) their watches so much.

Pics are highly advised. :)

Banned

Re: What are your top (5 or less) favorites in your collection and why?

I gave up trying to rank my humble collection a while ago, though there is a couple I would let go without any regret. Mostly so I could buy other pieces more to my liking!

Quote Originally Posted by shaff1101 View Post
    Hello all, I have been interested in watches for a very long time and am wondering what are your favorite watches in your collection and why? Also if you would like to comment on what you will be adding next and why?

I am very interested in knowing why people like (LOVE) their watches so much.

Pics are highly advised. :)
    I really don't have a top 5 or a single favorite watch in the collection. I enjoy them all for reasons that may include high accuracy, simplicity of design, type of movement, number of complications, dial design, etc., etc.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm head over heals in love with my Omega Planet Ocean, and Tag Heuer Monaco. I really like the Hamilton but it was purchased at almost the same time as the Monaco so it doesn't get the love and attention it deserves because the Monaco has been a dream of mine for so many years.

The PO was the first watch I bought that costs more than a 1k or so. Everything about the watch is perfect for me. I love the size and the way it wears on my wrist. The bracelet is the best I've ever worn and every little detail seems just right especially compared to the newer 8500 PO.

Name:  My PO 1.jpg
Views: 1464
Size:  79.1 KB

The Monaco is the watch the really got me interested in watches. I love the McQueen connection and history but I wasn't sure I'd ever be in a place I was willing to spend so much money on a watch. Now that I'm a Dad I sold a motorcycle I no longer ride and bought the Monaco. It's everything I dreamed it would be and couldn't be happier with it.

Name:  Tag Heuer Monaco Cal 12 05.jpg
Views: 1374
Size:  61.2 KB
    *Monaco pic isn't mine
    GlennO likes this.

Thanks for your different views, it is appreciated.

For the forseeable future:

Name:  photo-6.JPG
Views: 1294
Size:  133.8 KB
    GlennO and huntershooter like this.
    Collection:
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas
    JLC Deep Sea Chrono
    Breguet Marine Grande Date
    Tudor Black Bay Black
    Omega Speedmaster 3570.50

My top 3

Gold dress watch: H. Moser & Cie Mayu. For me, it borders on the sublime.

Sports Chronograph: Omega Speedmaster 9300

Classic Speedmaster good looks redered in a more contemporary case size and with a killer twin barrell column wheel chronograph movement that borders on quartz-like accuracy, and enough water resistance for anything I am likely to do in, on or around water. Fave feature: combining the hour an dminute totalizers into one subdial - reads like a small clock - brilliant.

Dress / casual crossover piece: Grand Seiko GMT. Pretty much the first GS I ever saw in person - immediately understood the hype. Eventually convinced a fellow local collector to part with it. Pretty darned happy he did.

TimeSaver, bacari, GlennO and 6 others like this.

Re: My top 3

Quote Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Sports Chronograph: Omega Speedmaster 9300

Classic Speedmaster good looks redered in a more contemporary case size and with a killer twin barrell column wheel chronograph movement that borders on quartz-like accuracy, and enough water resistance for anything I am likely to do in, on or around water. Fave feature: combining the hour an dminute totalizers into one subdial - reads like a small clock - brilliant.

Dress / casual crossover piece: Grand Seiko GMT. Pretty much the first GS I ever saw in person - immediately understood the hype. Eventually convinced a fellow local collector to part with it. Pretty darned happy he did.

My favourites are Roger's favourites...I just wish I owned them.

But for now, I agree that it's difficult to pick from my current selection of watches. There shouldn't be favourites, but I appreciate each for their own merits.
    I love my Zenith El Primero (36000 bph) for the history of the brand, the accuracy, and the solid organic feel to the watch when I wind it and set the time. I do wish it hacked though.
    I love my Ebel 1911 chrono because it was my first "real" watch that didn't have a cartoon character in it, or didn't have a calculator function. It's my only metallic blue dial in my collection and it too is fantastic when it comes to accuracy.
    My GS spring drive and hi-beat...do I really need to go further or explain??? I recently had a friend comment that my watch sparkled like a big diamond on my wrist. The craftsmanship and feel is spectacular for both watches. I love the Spring Drive for the innovation in movement and the sweeping second hand.
    Finally, the other watches worth mentioning that I love to wear are my Planet Ocean and SMP chrono. I just love them for the feel and sporty versatility.
    RogerP likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

You own a mayu........sublime is correct!
    RogerP likes this.
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

This one for me. After two years I still find myself gazing at it. I like that it's completely over-engineered and built with purpose. I like the heritage behind it. I love the styling, the curves of the case, the different shades of the dial. Simple and understated, but with the perfect amount of character. In my eyes, absolute perfection.

(not my pics)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information