Views: 99
Size:  840.6 KBName:  DSCN0154.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  982.8 KBName:  DSCN0155.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  865.4 KBName:  DSCN0156.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  827.6 KB

Hello all. Was unnable to find any info on this particular model so i decided to make an account in here to see if anyone could help me out. Its a Zeno Watch ZN-001 in 31.5mm with the Miyota movement just like its 36mm brother. This one was purchased a long time ago in Japan. The edges of the crystal have many small cracks, so i was looking to replace it, but i'm unnable to find a replacement. My local watchmaker did not have any compatible crystals. I contacted ZENO North America, and they were unnable to help because this watch was only created for the Japanese market (possibly Hong Kong as well). My calipers aren't that great, but the crystal size is domed acrylic in 26.8 or 26.9mm.

Re: What is this ZENO?!

Confused about the post.. you asking what is it.. but yet you seem to already know the basics. What else do you want to find out?

Never heard of the brand before.. but it seems to be a big reputable brand name.
    ... What time is it? ...

I bought it from a buddy that lived in Japan back in early 2000's which is when it was originally purchased. The brand is Zeno Watch Basel. From what i was able to find out on the web, they made few homage watches to the Explorer 1016. They were in 36mm and use the Miyota movement. This one has a smaller case and a different dial, but the rest looks identical. There's a bunch of info on the Zeno Explorer if you were to google it, but everyone is referring to the 36mm version. But other than buying my 31.5mm version in the early 2000's, i have no idea how common they are and how to find a replacement for the crystal. There's literally zero info on this model.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Check esslinger.com. I see they stock 26.7mm and 26.9mm high dome acrylic crystals for $7.95 ea.

Zeno Watch Basel is kind of in the second string of Swiss brands that did not manage the transition to luxury brand that most of their peers did. I've only handled one but they seem to be decent value for what they are.

Crystal replacement should be fairly straightforward. You may want to find another watch repair shop that can measure and source the crystal. Watch supply houses such as Esslinger and Ofrei should be able to provide the appropriate part.

There was a flood of what I took to be unsold old stock of Zeno Watch Basel watches about 12-15 years ago. They were seen on Ebay and several online dealers.

The Stella Watch Crystal XHEC Extra Hi Dome Watch Crystals? There's a few domed ones, im not sure if they fit or not.

Any help with what crystal to buy exactly? I will visit more local watchmakers. Maybe the one i was in did not have enough supply of crystals, but if the others do not have anything compatible, i'd need to order something online, and i'm not exactly sure which one in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarsparilla View Post
    Any help with what crystal to buy exactly? I will visit more local watchmakers. Maybe the one i was in did not have enough supply of crystals, but if the others do not have anything compatible, i'd need to order something online, and i'm not exactly sure which one in particular.
    Someone needs to measure accurately for width and height. And be able to install it correctly.

Alright, guess i'll leave this for a watchmaker and hope they have a crystal for it.

Thread Information