What ~$2500 (new or secondhand) "timeless" watches are the best investments?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What ~$2500 (new or secondhand) "timeless" watches are the best investments?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question What ~$2500 (new or secondhand) "timeless" watches are the best investments?

I am new to watches and am looking to get a new or secondhand "timeless" watch in the $2500 range.

I would prefer that the price remains the same, or goes up in value, so I won't take a loss when I resell it.

What would you recommend?

Re: What ~$2500 (new or secondhand) "timeless" watches are the best investments?

Watches are not investments.

Re: What ~$2500 (new or secondhand) "timeless" watches are the best investments?

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    Watches are not investments.
    Why not?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Do a search, there's lots of answers there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradsherman View Post
    Why not?

Well, I don't think there is a single watch available that if you buy new for $2500 you will be able to sell for $2500 in the future. Your best bet is to go the pre-owned route. Pick a brand that has a lot of price increases over time, since that will cause the value of pre-owned pieces to remain stable.

I dont think watches are investments. That being said I would buy a Omega PO or Speedmaster.

I think a pre-owned/used/second-hand Speedmaster or Planet Ocean probably won't lose you money in the short term.
    In the long term, they may even increase in value but whether that increase matches let alone beats inflation is another matter.

I think the moment for buying vintage and watching its value skyrocket has passed.

Thoughts for the day:
    facts, experience, opinion - figure which yours is before you start typing
    DM's Ghetto Watch Polishing Guide

New is never a good 'investment'. Watches are not good investments either. But if you really must insist on investing in a watch, i'd say go for a pre-owned Omega.

Or you could up your budget and invest in a PAM. The newer ones are hard to get and i hear there are tons of flippers out there.
    Final Collection:
    AP RO 15300 (White Dial)
    Rolex Explorer II (White Dial)
    RM 005 WG
    PP 5167A
    AP FC Diver

Hers:
    Rolex GMT IIc Two Tone
    Cartier Ballon Bleu
    PAM 111

Pre-own watches are best investment. If you kept it well, you will sell it close to the price point you bought.

How long do you think it'll be before you flip it? If it's short term, you might break even. Long term, unless you got the watch for a steal, almost no one will pay significantly MORE for your pre-owned watch. There's a common understanding here that watches are NOT financial investments. My suggestion would be to stick to well known luxury brands so you can maximise the potential re-sale audience once you decide to flip it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information