Whats with all the negative posts?

Thread: Whats with all the negative posts?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

Thumbs Down Whats with all the negative posts?

I was just going over my thread the one I posted yesterday about the jewelery store taking layaway plans, I just have to ask what was with all the negative posts? Was that really necessary? I understand what some of you guys were saying, but at the same time it's all most as if you guys think I'm poor or something? I get it I can't afford $2,700+ watches. But does that make me a bum? Yeah I can say the heck with the expensive watches and simply buy the cheaper one. But there is no way anyone here would'nt do the same thing as me. And before u ask no this is not a rant thread even if it was who cares I'm entitled to my opinion. PS anyone who bans someone for asking about a layaway plan is just stupid just being honest. I hate to say this but not everyone's rich.

Interesting Avatar ............

Kurt

DMB
    Banned

Re: Whats with all the negative posts?

Quote Originally Posted by kc1001 View Post
    PS anyone who bans someone for asking about a layaway plan is just stupid just being honest.
    Seriously? You actually believed that? Man I was joking. Come on ... really? I think your post might have made some people uncomfortable and had them wondering how to respond. I'll say it struck me as kind of odd. Not the layaway part, but the whole bearing of your financial soul so to speak. This forum isn't about how expensive your watch is. It's about the passion and geekiness of collecting watches. Never be ashamed or feel like you have to justify a Gshock .... or a Patek. And really ... lighten up a bit. "Banned for mentioning a layaway" .... hahahahah. Again, I was kidding.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMB View Post
    Seriously? You actually believed that? Man I was joking. Come on ... really? I think your post might have made some people uncomfortable and had them wondering how to respond. I'll say it struck me as kind of odd. Not the layaway part, but the whole bearing of your financial soul so to speak. This forum isn't about how expensive your watch is. It's about the passion and geekiness of collecting watches. Never be ashamed or feel like you have to justify a Gshock .... or a Patek. And really ... lighten up a bit. "Banned for mentioning a layaway" .... hahahahah. Again, I was kidding.
    kidding or not that would of been stupid, I don't come here all that often so I don't know who joking or who's being serious. and in a way I am ashamed that I have to go on forums and read about someones $20,000 dollar watch.

Banned

Re: Interesting Avatar ............

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Behm View Post

Kurt
    Your killing me man, I know you used to own this model and a whole bunch of others. That was a sad day when you told me u sold them all.

DMB
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kc1001 View Post
    kidding or not that would of been stupid, I don't come here all that often so I don't know who joking or who's joking around. and in a way I am ashamed that I have to go on forums and read about someones $20,000 dollar watch.
    Why would you be ashamed about reading of somebody posting up their 20K watch? Do you realize the percentage of members here that own a 20K watch? I'll bet you it is less than 5%. Everybody has to start out somewhere. I'm 42 and didn't get anything that could be construed as halfass expensive until I was in my 30's. When I was your age, I was wearing Seiko quartz watches. Hell, if I couldn't lust after pics of other members' hi dollar stuff I wouldn't even bother coming here. No matter what kind of collection you have, there will always be somebody with a better one. Just be happy with what you have now. You've got a LOT of time to build a cool collection. Your early 20's isn't the time to worry about expensive watches .... unless you happen to be loaded.

I can't answer regarding your other post>>.

I'm assuming some people mis-interpreted your post.

Regarding lay aways, that's pretty much how I pay for my watches. My last few purchases have been lay aways.

In my experience, most AD's will do a lay away plan, but you have to be a regular customer. At both AD's I frequent, I've made substantial purchases and been a loyal client.

Again, the AD is doing me a favor. By layaway, I mean cash, not finance. Every month, I plunck $$ down and pay my balance off.

So long as you can maintain the monthly payments, you should be fine.

good luck,
    best,

Frank

kc1001.>>>>>>>>>>

I'll add to DMB's reply. Btw, DMB is a solid guy. I've known him since TZ days and on other forums.

Keep in mind, although your watch may not be a 20K model, it is substantially more than the average joe would pay for a timepiece. You are posting on a board and you obviously show interest in timepieces. That sets you apart from the mass consumer.

best,

Frank

Ozy

Re: I can't answer regarding your other post>>.

It got negative because you said you earn 600 odd dollars per month and you're on disability. You got all huffy that a shop didn't tell you about a layaway plan, and couldn't understand why the people in the thread thought your priorities were all screwy and couldn't sympathize with you.

And you're doing it again...seriously do we need another thread about this?

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

Re: kc1001.>>>>>>>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by FrankinCA View Post
    I'll add to DMB's reply. Btw, DMB is a solid guy. I've known him since TZ days and on other forums.

I thought he was aqueous.
    Daily Rotation:
    Seiko
    "Save the Ocean" Turtle; Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Descent; Tissot PRS200

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information