What's better than a Sportura?

Thread: What's better than a Sportura?

What's better than a Sportura?

Hi all,

New guy here. Been lurking for a while, though, so thanks for all the information I've anonymously gleaned so far

Anyways, I've been eyeing something in a sport watch, waterproof, with a chrono and alarm. I like the idea of an analog/digital.

The Seiko Sportura SNJ007 piqued my interest -- any experiences with that one, good or bad? I especially like the way the digital is blended into the dial, and the way the second hand is synched to the digital. I think the lack of a backlight is problematic.

I'm also intrigued by the Casio WaveCeptor (I really like the idea of automatic time synching) -- particularly WVQ500LA-1A2V, and their bigger brother the Oceanus OCW510LA-1A2V and similar models.

So... which one would you get? Have I missed any cool watches in similar style and price range?

Thanks!
    Greg

Re: What's better than a Sportura?

I really love all the lines of Seiko, the Arctura's Sportura's Velatura's Premier's ETC ETC LOL, I dont think you can get better than a Sportura :-D

stuffler,mike

Can´t help cause I am not that "seiko-sick" but being one of the mods here I´d like to welcome you on Watchuseek and on the Public Forum as well. Did you recognized we run a Citizen & Seiko Forum. A good place to "investigate"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Velatura Chrono/alarm is nicer, but not dig-ana. The SNJ007/005 is a good watch (you might want to check out the SNJ019 and SNJ021 too).

Otherwise, take a look at the Citizen Skyhawk and Sailhawk eco-drive models....

Thanks for the warm welcome, Mike! I've been all over the Seiko/Citizen forum, and the FSOT forum, and the affordable watch forum etc. etc.! It's amazing how much time you can spend here and I haven't even looked into most of the brand forums.

Chronomaster, thanks for the thumbs up to Sportura (and Seiko in general). And Pure, I'm glad you pointed out the SNJ109 and SNJ021 because I hadn't looked at them too much and I think they're more appropriate for me than the 24-time zone 007/005. I find the Skyhawk/Sailhawk to be just too busy on the face. The Seiko looks like a very cool one.

Now, where's a good place to get one cheap to Canada?

Cheers,
    Greg
    WI... that's all for now.

Thread Information