What's a better value prop a Rolex Submariner 5513 or A.lange & Sohne Saxonia Bigdate?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oso2276

Thread: What's a better value prop a Rolex Submariner 5513 or A.lange & Sohne Saxonia Bigdate?

What's a better value prop a Rolex Submariner 5513 or A.lange & Sohne Saxonia Bigdate?

I've been interested in both of these watches for a while now. Was just curious which watch people thought was a better value prop; a Submariner 5513 or a A.lange & Sohne Saxonia Langematik in the current market?

Name:  5513.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  87.1 KBName:  Lange.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  87.8 KB

Last edited by RED FIVE; June 8th, 2019 at 00:44.

Re: What's a better value prop a Rolex Submariner 5513 or A.lange & Sohne Saxonia Bigdate?

I won't even try to answer your value question. I will say that the "blank" instead of a leading zero in the leftmost part of the ALS date window has always bugged me. Personally, that's enough for me to not even consider purchasing that one (the fact that I couldn't afford it anyway, notwithstanding).

Re: What's a better value prop a Rolex Submariner 5513 or A.lange & Sohne Saxonia Bigdate?

Sub looks extremely rough looking. Don't know much about the A. Lange, but I definitely wouldn't buy the sub in the pic, unless I already had it sold on the backend.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have a 5513 and a JLC on rose gold, similar to that A.lange & Sohne.
    I'm considering flipping the JLC as I no longer use it. So it is the sub for me

Enviado desde mi Moto Z2 Play mediante Tapatalk
    Last edited by oso2276; June 8th, 2019 at 02:41.

Apples to Oranges comparison for me. I would never wear the A. Lange so would have no interest in it personally. Now having said that the A. Lange is an amazing watch. I would go original Sub all day, every single day, including holidays.

Value proposition depends on each customer appreciation and expectations, so utterly how the watch will satisfy you. There is also an important factor in the value analysis which is the acquisition price. If the price is out of the game -both could be acquired proportionally to original MSRP-, I´d go for the Sub. For history, look, versatility and resale value. And for that beautiful patina
    ALS Lange 1 | JLC TT1931 | ROLEX BLNR | AP RO15400 | NOMOS Tangente | OMEGA Seamaster 1957 | IWC Portuguese | BLANCPAIN FF Mil-Spec | PAM 217 | H. ASAOKA Kurono

Thread Information