What's the biggest time deviation you would accept before servicing your watch?
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What's the biggest time deviation you would accept before servicing your watch?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What's the biggest time deviation you would accept before servicing your watch?

My watch is currently running at +11sec/per day and as someone loves perfection it's bothering me quite a bit I'm in the double digits. Not to mention that the watch is relatively new.

Am I being a diva? What's the most you would accept?

What brand? How much $$$ is the watch?
    NightOwl likes this.

Re: What's the biggest time deviation you would accept before servicing your watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatoes11 View Post
    Sinn U1 Pro ($2700) with a SW-200 movement (ETA 2824 clone).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: What's the biggest time deviation you would accept before servicing your watch?

If the watch is running within movement spec, even at +11 spd, then I'd just crack the caseback myself and regulate the movement provided it's an affordable watch and I don't particularly care about the warranty (if any).

If the watch is fairly costly, it's running out of spec, and it's still within the warranty period, I'd explore a warranty service.

If the watch is off by minutes per day then I'd see if the watch needs a service.
    mpnap likes this.
    My Watch Pics (IG) ---> CLICK HERE
    Sales Forum Feedback History ---> CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Lamb View Post
    I wouldn't accept that for a fancy german Watch that is almost 3k USD. Should have just gotten a Seiko, wouldn't have been much worse than + 11 if at all and it would be much cheaper. This is why people like Seiko. Lol
    Last edited by Tomatoes11; August 5th, 2017 at 09:35.

A little fast is better than a little slow, and when fast, I would tolerate more deviation than if slow.
    bobo90, obomomomo, 88Keys and 2 others like this.

"Fancy'?
    I wouldn't accept that for fancy german Watch that is almost 3k USD. Should have just gotten a Seiko, wouldn't have been much worse than + 11 if at all and it would be much cheaper. This is why people like Seiko. Lol
    Streetboss likes this.

A "clone" with an extra jewel.

My watch is currently running at +11sec/per day and as someone loves perfection it's bothering me quite a bit I'm in the double digits. Not to mention that the watch is relatively new.

Am I being a diva? What's the most you would accept?
    For what you have written your watch doesn't need servicing, it needs to be regulated.

If the watch gains constantly you just need a watchmaker with a timing machine to improve accuracy, a watch which is erratic and cannot be regulated needs servicing.

For me it would depend if the watch is under warranty. If it is send it in and get it regulated. If you have never worked on a watch don't "crack" the back open as previously suggested, send it in. If it is not under warranty live with it, send it in if it gets worse, or when it needs servicing for general maintenance or other problems. And you shouldn't have "just gotten a Seiko". Sinn makes cool watches, and when someone tells me what I should have bought I tell them I buy whatever the .... I want, I wasn't asking for brand advice, just a question about rate.
    Breguet 7727, Patek 5035, Omega DSoTM, Blancpain FF bathyscaphe ceramic, Rolex Daytona, Oris big crown pro pilot, Weiss standard issue field watch

Any watch you like is a good watch, listen to opinions and advice but ultimately go with your own gut, heart, brain.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information