What's Missing in my Watchbox?
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: What's Missing in my Watchbox?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What's Missing in my Watchbox?

I was looking for some other ideas about what to fill the last two slots of my 12-slot watch box with. I want my collection to be well-rounded and able to fit any occasion.

Name:  Whats Missing.JPG
Views: 80
Size:  29.9 KB

I have some ideas for the last two slots (I'll give you a thumbs up if you pick the ones I kind of have in mind). But all ideas are welcome.

P.S. I am going to take a photo of the current status and post soon!

Banned

Re: What's Missing in my Watchbox?

Quote Originally Posted by FarmKid View Post
    I was looking for some other ideas about what to fill the last two slots of my 12-slot watch box with. I want my collection to be well-rounded and able to fit any occasion.

Name:  Whats Missing.JPG
Views: 80
Size:  29.9 KB

I have some ideas for the last two slots (I'll give you a thumbs up if you pick the ones I kind of have in mind). But all ideas are welcome.

P.S. I am going to take a photo of the current status and post soon!
    I have given this some great thought, and left the necessary links.

1. First off is this master piece of chronological excellence. The watch includes a real faux leather strap, plastic window, and cats face. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WOMENS-ME...NJ11g4UUzFg2ow

2. Second is a watch with an added bonus. Although the chronograph features don't actually work, the watch has the ability to light your cigarette. From what I can understand even the very best Petek Phillipe or AP watches lack this facility. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Outdoor-W...sAAOSw2s1UyZrU
    Earthjade and Dan T. like this.

Nice!! At least you didn't recommend a Daniel Wellington or a MVMT watch! Cheers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by FarmKid View Post
    What is missing from my watchbox?
    An imagination...

Everthing there is a safe collection choice. Where are the interesting complications or crazy styles?

You need an oil filled automatic watch where the entire dial rotates around orbital style.

The second choice would be a 7 window 3D watch, because why not?

If those dont tickle your imagination, above all, you desperately need a Elegant watch where birds feed thier chicks on the hour.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Synequano and Lix_Tetrax like this.
    Core Collection:
    H. Moser & Cie Venture Small Seconds 2327-0402, Omega Aqua Terra 231.53.39.21.06.002, JLC Reverso Flyback Chrono 255.182, JLC Reverso Grande Taille 270.3.62, Rolex OP 1966 1002, Ulysee Nardin Perpetual GMT 321-22, Longines Conquest 1959, Hamilton Electric Spectra 1957, Citizen AQ 4020–54Y, Bulova Accutron Astronaut

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Budget ?
    If money isn‘t a problem Glashütte Original Sixties, Zenith El Primero, ALS 1815.
    Lix_Tetrax and drlvegas like this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

For a more serious answer:

1) Reverso
    2) UN Perpetual Calandar GMT
    Attached Images Attached Images

Barge likes this.
    Core Collection:
    H. Moser & Cie Venture Small Seconds 2327-0402, Omega Aqua Terra 231.53.39.21.06.002, JLC Reverso Flyback Chrono 255.182, JLC Reverso Grande Taille 270.3.62, Rolex OP 1966 1002, Ulysee Nardin Perpetual GMT 321-22, Longines Conquest 1959, Hamilton Electric Spectra 1957, Citizen AQ 4020–54Y, Bulova Accutron Astronaut

I think having $6000 total in the box is about as much I would want to go. Average $500 per. I can make room for luxury by having two or three inexpensive daily beaters.

Mike, I like the Glashutte, if I went that way, I would probably say goodbye to the Seamaster. The Zenith is very nice, but for now, the Speedmaster would serve as my chrono, though people do say they grow tired of the Speedmaster eventually.

Seth, Good call on the Reverso, that one always intrigues me and I don't really have a rectangular watch in the stable. Rotary Elite Reverso might fit my budget better. The Perpetual GMT is out of my ballpark. Your Core collection and mine actually match up pretty well, though yours is a couple rungs up the ladder!
    Lix_Tetrax likes this.

Shake it up with a German watch, Nomos, Sinn, Junghans, etc. Here's my Sinn. For something more economical that you don't see everyday, Seagull 1963 Chrono goes for about $300, And Mondaine Stop2Go is a really funky watch with two quartz movements in it.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lix_Tetrax; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:28.

You nailed it the Speedy slot! Just fill it.

I will never, ever understand these threads that essentially say that the size of their watch collection is dictated by the number of slots in some arbitrary watch box--the box likely cost less than any one of its inhabitants, and yet, it has the final say--just makes no sense--and so for me, that is what's missing--common sense--or, from a different perspective--nothing at all, you've already got more than you could ever possibly need.
    Zeroedout and Aidy like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information