What's Next For My Collection?

Thread: What's Next For My Collection?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What's Next For My Collection?

I've Been Collecting For A Little Over A Month Now, I Have 4 Watches, All Autos. I Have 3 2824-2's [all Avier's] And 1 Hamilton 7750 Chrono. What Other Movements Can I Add To My Collection For Under 1000.00? I Prefer Only Swiss Made Movements. By The Way , I Love This Site You Guys Rock!!!!!!!!!!

Re: What's Next For My Collection?

jessop, a step up might be 2892 movements. i can think of a ball engineer master II GMT or ball magnate...might be able to get one at around $1000 IF you get a good discount. balls have a great reputation for lume. tritium tubes that are supposed to last for years.

if you want some germans with swiss movements, many forum members like stowa and archimede for less than $1000. great value and quality watches. ONLY problem is that they are 2824s. these two brands are known for their pilot watches.

maybe longines for a 2892 movement or quartz... but i'm not sure. other forum members might be able to help you out more.

good luck

Something different, Aristo - 4H30 with the Ronda AR2538 Microrotor
    and it's within budget.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

you have some eta 2824's and a valjoux 7750. If it were me I'd go next to a
    unitas 6497 handwinder, something decorated with a exhibition back.

nice suggestion by yamahaki. manual wind watches are cool. maybe dievas watches.

Quote Originally Posted by yamahaki View Post
    you have some eta 2824's and a valjoux 7750. If it were me I'd go next to a
    unitas 6497 handwinder, something decorated with a exhibition back.
    Last edited by acdelco; April 24th, 2008 at 08:15.

Something vintage perhaps? There really is a variety from the funky to birth year watches or a tank style for formal wear. Possibilities are endless, price is right . Search some vintage sales sites and see if anythings catches your attention.

Don

stuffler,mike

Movement possibilities in your price range: ETA 2836-2, Unitas 6497/6498, Peseux 7001. Vintage chronos with Valjoux 7733/7744 would be another option. With luck you can also fetch a chrono with a Valjoux 23 movement within your limit. Good luck.

If you are looking for movements with complications, you can get quite far if you're willing to stretch your budget to $1200 or so: chronometers, some GMTS, some power reserves for example.

Are some possibilities for power reserves, in addition to the Hamilton Jazzmaster. All use the ETA 2897 movement and can be had for the $1100-$1200 mark, with the Hamilton available at much less.

At that price you could also get a Stowa COSC chronometer, using the 2824 movement again.

I'm also shopping in this territory actually.... been looking for a thin GMT or power reserve piece, after deciding that a thin chrono was unlikely to exist at my budget.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I've learned so much from this forum. I'll let you know what I decide on, and, when I quit being lazy, I'll buy some batteries so I can post some pics of my current collection. I must admit, I'm spiraling out of control w/ this watch thing!!!

I like that Mido, i would certainly add that myself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information