What's up with all the ZERO Feedback eBay accounts ruining eBay listings?
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: What's up with all the ZERO Feedback eBay accounts ruining eBay listings?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What's up with all the ZERO Feedback eBay accounts ruining eBay listings?

I've been trying to sell a couple of watches on eBay during the past week. On both my listings (1 buy it now, 1 auction) someone with a ZERO feedback account has won or ended the listing with buy it now.

What the hell!? Why are they doing this? So frustrating.

Why isn't eBay allowing us to set up minimum thresholds to prevent these eBay abusers?

Re: What's up with all the ZERO Feedback eBay accounts ruining eBay listings?

Just wait until you meet the minimum threshold of posts for this site and sell them here in the For Sale section.
    Last edited by Medusa; August 5th, 2019 at 19:47.
    psbero and beefsupreme like this.

I don't think two listings quite constitute a major wave of deceit and deception--I've had more than 3000 transactions on the bay, and had less than a handful that flaked in one way or another--and, you CAN (or at least, I can) restrict bidders with zero feedback from bidding....
    WastedYears, umarrajs and Davidka like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Just wait until you meet the minimum threshold of posts for this site and sell them here in the For Sale section. There is a chance no one will want to buy from someone with such a low post count and no forum feedback.
    Thanks for the advice! I met up with a group of watch enthusiasts last night in the Denver area. One of the members said he's sold over 50 watches here at WUS with no problems at all. I've bought a couple of watches here too! Zero problems.

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    I don't think two listings quite constitute a major wave of deceit and deception--I've had more than 3000 transactions on the bay, and had less than a handful that flaked in one way or another--and, you CAN (or at least, I can) restrict bidders with zero feedback from bidding....
    I've had over a thousand eBay transactions as well. But just recently, 3 in a row of zero feedback accounts winning listings without any intention of paying. One account messaged me to try to get me to send it to a new name and address. Obviously fraud, but overall... 3 in a row?

I just had a good experience with Chrono24. I definitely would go with Chrono for higher-valued watches.

Banned

Sounds like an inside job. Better contact your local sheriff and the FBI
    Dan T. likes this.

Banned

Depending on what you're selling or how you're price, eBay zero accounts purchases can a) lock-in your item at a higher "sold" price, which helps another Seller price higher or b) gets your unique item off the market as a competitor to theirs. It's rare, but I've seen it happen.
    beefsupreme and Earthjade like this.

Have you had problems with either transaction? Did they fail to pay or try to pull the return scam? If not, I wouldn't worry about it. As long as you get your money and they are happy with the item, why worry? Also, how do you suppose people get feedback if they aren't allowed to participate in transactions due to their low feedback...?
    Watchinski and vexXed like this.

Quote Originally Posted by City74 View Post
    Sounds like an inside job. Better contact your local sheriff and the FBI
    I took your advice. They took my name and number and they said they'd look into it immediately.
    gmads and beefsupreme like this.

Quote Originally Posted by thefatslice View Post
    Depending on what you're selling or how you're price, eBay zero accounts purchases can a) lock-in your item at a higher "sold" price, which helps another Seller price higher or b) gets your unique item off the market as a competitor to theirs. It's rare, but I've seen it happen.
    Interesting. I hadn't heard of that before. Makes sense.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information