What's your method for choosing your next purchase?
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: What's your method for choosing your next purchase?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What's your method for choosing your next purchase?

What's up WUS! So I'm just sitting here watching TV and flipping through some watches I'd like to get my hands on, and for the life of me I can't seem to make up my mind. I'm slowly saving for what will basically be "the one" so to speak, and it seems like every time I think I have it narrowed down, I add a few more pieces to my want list. Currently the top two contenders on my list are a no date SubC, and a Grand Carrera RS2. I only want to pick up one, and then I plan on being done for a while. Originally I was all about the GC since I got my start a few years back with Tag and some F1's, but I got a chance to try the SubC on a few weeks ago and I think I'm smitten. Just something about that simplicity. Never had much of an interest in Rolex before, but there's definitely something about that one.

Then I keep checking out stuff like the Black Bay (Blue, in particular) Pelagos, SMPc, Planet Oceans, and the list just seems to go on and on. Then I start thinking for the price of the price of the GC or SubC, I can pick up a Pelagos AND a BB! Before I know it I have a pile of things I want pushing 40 grand and then I start getting the "I'm gonna kill you" look from the lady. She's been remarkably supportive of this rather expensive hobby though, so I can't give her any crap though. She's almost as bad as I am, but considering she only seems to go after Swatch, it's a lot easier to get her stuff than it is for me lol!

I'm just curious how you guys go about deciding what you're gonna buy. Do you go over every little detail, list pros and cons, and other various little things until you find the the best one for your tastes? Or is it as simple as you liking a particular watch and saying to hell with it?
    Current Collection: Not Enough!

Re: What's your method for choosing your next purchase?

Whenever I see a watch that I like, I add it to a big spreadsheet I have categorized by price. I kind of rank them, then I just pick one according to my budget.
    omgomgyouguys and David8b like this.

I buy what I like and can afford comfortably.

Also, I try to avoid buying a substitute piece if the one I want is out of my budget at the moment.
    CMTFR likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mew88 View Post

Also, I try to avoid buying a substitute piece if the one I want is out of my budget at the moment.
    Exactly the same method here!
    Last edited by CMTFR; July 8th, 2014 at 23:48.

Usually random browsing followed by non-planned immediate purchase if there are enough funds in my Paypal account.

Quote Originally Posted by mew88 View Post

What he said.

My general rule is not to have more than one watch for any purpose. Of course, I've broken this rule on occasion, but I'm trying not to get so many watches that some just don't get worn. If I want to get a new watch, it has to replace a current one in the collection, and the current one has to go.

I'm always researching the next purchase. There's never one watch that's absolutely perfect, so there's always a trade-off when comparing one watch to another. It takes me forever to finally come to a decision. When I've finally saved up enough money to pay for it, I'll pull the trigger.

Browsing watchrecon daily.
    geauxtigers likes this.

I never look to buy a watch for the sake of buying one, if i see a divers i like it will go into a list in my head, i'll do some research on it and if i really like it i will look around at prices online or watchrecon and old sale threads to get an idea of where i stand in regards to getting a deal im comfortable with.
    I'll either buy one at a good price from a grey seller or just wait to see when a good deal comes up, but theres no rush, i can only wear one watch at a time lol.

Being a man of culture and impeccable breedi.....Squirrel!
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information