What's your preferred source of purchasing a watch?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What's your preferred source of purchasing a watch?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What's your preferred source of purchasing a watch?

Forum newbie here, but have been collecting watches for a couple years now, mainly buying direct from manufacturers.
    Just wondering what fellow forum members prefer when it comes to places to purchase a watch. Are there any reputable online stores that you guys prefer? OR do most people like to buy directly from the manufacturer (if in fact they have an online store)?
    Besides the sales forums here, what are the places everyone likes to shop? Whether it's a merchant that specializes in a specific brand or one that carries a bunch of them, I'm interested in hearing suggestions.

Also I come across "Jomashop.com" quite a bit. Are they reputable?

Re: What's your preferred source of purchasing a watch?

I prefer to purchase straight from the manufacturer's website as well (if the manufacturer has a website).

For high-end pieces, I always purchase only from boutiques. Online is too risky, and most don't offer official warranty.

For low to mid-level pieces, I get good bargains online most of the time.
    Current Rotation:
    Tudor Black Bay (on OEM bracelet) | Rado Original Automatic 648.0408.3.161 | Royal Orient WE0011JB | Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch 311.30.42.30.01.005 | Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR

G-Shock collection:
    GW-M5630E-9JR, GA-400-4A, DW-6900SG, GW-5000-1JF, GWF-1000-1DR, GW-200Z-1DR, GW-9200-1, GX-56-1B, G-5600E, G-6900-1, DW-5600MS, G-7302RL (non-functioning)

Wishlist:
    Credor ​Eichi (when pigs fly) | Credor ​Eichi II (when fishes talk) | FP Journe Chronometre Bleu (acquired) | Urban Jurgensen & Sonner Ref. 3 (acquired) | D.Dornbluth & Sohn Cal. 99.5 (acquired) | Moritz Grossmann BENU Rose Gold ​(acquired)

**Sig limit reached...**

Inactive

Top dollar? - Always the manufacturer
    Deal? - everywhere else

enough said
    vandelsand and David8b like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

i have purchased higher end pieces straight from Manufacturers boutique, another couple from their website, as well as sales forum (not wus, hence to the shipping restrictions).
    I guess i can say that i prefer to purchase slightly used watch on a forum rather than going to grey dealer.

good points so far, I can agree with purchasing from a trusted forum member with good feedback over a grey market dealer site. Seems like jomashop is legit, except everything is warrantied through them rather than the manufacturer. Dunno how I feel about that so far.

Always try to purchase from grey mkt dealers that I am comfortable with, most online, some online/brick/mortar establishments. AD's, boutiques and manufacturer sites only if said grey mkt dealers cannot source the piece(s) I covet. Rarely from individual sellers I think because my tastes run counter to what's available pre-owned . . .
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Meraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tiffany & Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

If there's a local dealer, I prefer buying from them. May be slightly more expensive but service and warranty is more secure.

Next best thing would be to buy from reputable forum members.
    3rd option for me is amazon shops. Usually the shops are reputable and amazon helps settle disputes.

I do not recommend ebay or buying from people who nobody knows (new member, no history etc...)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk now Free
    Rolex Explorer II 216570
    Panerai
    PAM 112
    Rolex Two-Tone Datejust
    Omega Constellation C-Shape Vintage
    Anonimo D-Date II
    Concord Impresario
    Seiko Sumo
    Casio MDV106

yeah I wish I had more local dealers with good selection, or else I'd check there 1st as well. Buying from a platform that offers some sort of buyer protection is a good idea. I'll definitely look into amazon.

Getting back into collecting after a couple years break, and even before I mainly purchased from manufacturers so this is kinda new to me.

BTW how do you like thatHalios Laguna lorsban? I was always interested in that model, but missed out on it.

The Laguna is a fantastic watch for the money. Very well made, comes with Isofrane rubber strap and steel bracelet. It also looks awesome on leather.

Sold mine just recently tho cause I needed the cash at the time. I do have another Halios on the way but bronze this time.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk now Free
    Rolex Explorer II 216570
    Panerai
    PAM 112
    Rolex Two-Tone Datejust
    Omega Constellation C-Shape Vintage
    Anonimo D-Date II
    Concord Impresario
    Seiko Sumo
    Casio MDV106

AD for the peace of mind.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information