When is the best time to buy a watch?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: When is the best time to buy a watch?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

When is the best time to buy a watch?

Is there a certain time of year where watches, particularly IWC or JLC, watches are cheaper? When do new models come out, and will that effect price? Are there sales, per se, and how do I find them?

Todd

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

Re: When is the best time to buy a watch?

Hmmm.. Interesting question. I guess THE best time is when an AD is dropping a line. They can freely discount the watch up to where they feel comfortable making profit.

Another time, I AM guessing may just be between tomorrow until the end of the year when not many people are shopping.

However, that trend is kinda dying recently when many people get giftcards.

I once heard of Tourneau sending out $500 coupons to be used for watches $2500 and up. However, even then they are expensive.

Just have a good relation ship with your AD?
    Chronic flipper...

Banned

Spring, around Easter. If you aren't in the retail home & garden or clothing business, you're probably very slow. There's also a little dip between Memorial Day and the 4th of July sales. You can do better then compared to the 'sale' prices. Retailers know that consumer's are like Pavlov's dogs when it comes to holiday sales - putting a bold ad is like ringing the dinner bell, and they flock to the stores out of habit salivating for those 'deals'. What most don't know is we're more likely to negotiate when we're slow than when dozens of people are breaking down our door.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

it's usually between christmas and new year when all are panicky and exhausted. but AD's here in the Philippines tend to give out 30-40% discounts right of the bat anytime of the year.

Talk to your AD. Watches are not necessarily cyclical goods, so the AD would probably be able to help you best.

The best time is before the yearly 3-4% price increase...

actually it is right before christmas till the end of the year or maybe a bit after.

Dealers have to clear their stock of 2010's for 2011's coming.
    if the dealer knows you are serious about buying in Cash usually they will go lower, if they know you have the cash on you they will really go a bit lower.
    Come up with a buy price including tax to aim for, be fair and know what to expect in terms of pricing on the low and high marks. Usually helps if you are dealing with the Sales manager the entire time, these are the people who know what they can do in pricing and how desperate the store is to sell. always ask for "out the door pricing", this means with tax included.
    know the dealer and what their normal discounts are always can help.

Used this info last week and walked out of a Rolex AD with a 2010 Milgauss at 22% off retail before tax, Seriously just remember to come up with a fair price and stick close to it, if the dealer can't do it then walk out! but be ready to buy if the dealer does go for the price..or close to it.

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Happy New Year to everyone. May the new year bring happiness, prosperity, but most of all good health. Best wishes to all.

I have a question about discounts. I hope this is within the scope of the thread. Has Gunter been known to give discounts for multiple purchases? I've fallen in love with Steinhart timepieces and I can't decide which watch to buy first. I'm willing to buy 2-3 pieces in a bundle if I can save a little $$. I'm looking at the Ocean 1 Black, Nav B-Uhr II, and the Marine Chrono II Roman. Any thoughts, input or experiences? Thanks for any help.

Rene

You should offer Gunter a price significantly discounted and state it's way beyond your means at this level. He'll ask your shipping address.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Tragic,

Thanks for the quick response, but I'm not following you. Can you explain please?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information