WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

When is a grail a grail

549 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Matty01 
#1 ·
A grail for me is a watch I burn to own the moment I see it and naturally feel I will always own always.
A few though fall by the wayside, preferably before I buy them, sometimes after.
Ones that have stuck
Omega Speedmaster 125, I love it

Omega Speedy Mark v, onthe left, I knewI would filp it as soon as it arrived

Muhle Glashutte Metior

Omega Chronostop Italian Market Variant, is my dress watch amd delights me constantly

Pam 176, the simpler the better IMO

So ny strike rate is ok ... and I dont have a grail to chase at the mo. Whats your strikerae and what are the chances I have found all my grails?

Matt

See less See more
#2 ·
I hate the term 'grail'. In a literal sense, a grail is basically unobtainable. Or, at best, an object of excruciatingly prolonged endevour.

I love how some people get thier 'grails' every week (and then flip them the following month: "found a new grail, this one has to go").

I love the Speedmaster too, so I went a bought one. No, it's not cheap, but they have made like 7 trillion of them, and you don't have to sell 3 organs to get one. It's like saying an '84 GTI is your grail car. Sure, it's the best VW, but it's still just a VW.

Sorry, end rant now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.