When Smartwaches Have This...
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: When Smartwaches Have This...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Lightbulb When Smartwaches Have This...

Re: When Smartwaches Have This...

Wouldn't it be nice when those things are no longer called watches?
    181903 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice when those things are no longer called watches?
    Funny you say that...
    I had read a news report stating that smart watches can't be watches because they must be charged daily.
    A little silly considering that they are able to tell time and be on your wrist while doing a lot of other things.
    I am still not a fan of smart watches since they will be replaced by higher quality software in the future.
    Current Collection

| Rolex Date | Hamilton Khaki Mechanical | Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic | Seiko 5 SNK809 | NTH Scorpène | Melbourne Portsea | Halios Seaforth Series III |

Instagram: @confusedwristwatches

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The story's writer must never have heard of Hoptroff. Not surprising; seems like the story is focusing on the cost per gram, which is a pretty ridiculous point to emphasize right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedOne View Post
    Funny you say that...
    I had read a news report stating that smart watches can't be watches because they must be charged daily.
    A little silly considering that they are able to tell time and be on your wrist while doing a lot of other things.
    I am still not a fan of smart watches since they will be replaced by higher quality software in the future.
    And the power reserve on a hand wonder generally doesn't last two days...

I get that a lot of people don't like smart watches but I really don't understand why they have a problem calling them watches at all. Strange.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Define "watch" in this context. And consider that some don't consider anything but a pure mechanical to be a watch.

IMO, a smartwatch is a small, wearable auxiliary display device with some input capabilities as well. It so happens that its most common display mode is for time. On that basis, calling it a watch is misdirected. But, asserting it can't be a watch because you charge it regularly is, I agree, ludicrous...even borderline functionally illiterate, it misses the point so badly.

I have no idea what this has to do with smartwatches, but it's pretty cool anyway. I wonder if they can put other elements inside these buckyballs.

The biggest change in mobile needs to be in battery tech, whether it's a massive increase in capacity or a decrease in charging time. Maybe it can be helped by nitrogen contained inside a carbon soccer ball, maybe not.

Banned

You guys are missing the point. We can now have our own atomic clock inside our watches. A self contained new tech that's more accurate than quartz.

Quote Originally Posted by Copy-Paste "Journalist"
    Carbon atoms exist in many forms like diamond and graphene, distinguished by the number of atoms they contain.
    S-S-S-SCIENCE!!!!!!

This will be all replaced with your new chip implant. You'll get the time from 'Big Bro'.
    Quote Originally Posted by gangrel View Post
    Define "watch" in this context. And consider that some don't consider anything but a pure mechanical to be a watch.

IMO, a smartwatch is a small, wearable auxiliary display device with some input capabilities as well. It so happens that its most common display mode is for time. On that basis, calling it a watch is misdirected. But, asserting it can't be a watch because you charge it regularly is, I agree, ludicrous...even borderline functionally illiterate, it misses the point so badly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information