when you go watch shopping...
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: when you go watch shopping...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

when you go watch shopping...

do you think the salesperson pay any attention to the watch that's on your wrist?

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan

Not entirely sure what I'm collecting anymore....

NS-13

Ozy

Re: when you go watch shopping...

I think they take a mental note. Even if they dont comment on it. I would assume its part of their unofficial customer 'qualification' skill set to take a look at what a person wears on their wrist.
    Pavo absolutus

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Inactive
    I would hope so. Seems really strange too sell watches and not pay attention to what potential customers are wearing.

Absolutely. It seems to help them make a judgment on your knowledge and requirements. I would indeed be surprised if they didn't check what you were wearing as they are selling some serious kit in certain cases.

Without a doubt. An ad is the only place I am guaranteed to get a "that's a nice watch''. I think they use it as a benchmark for a prospective sale.
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

I love going in to a dealer wearing one of my watches that they've never seen before. They're always trying to check my wrist and the Sinn 903ST really throws them because the think I'm wearing an Navitimer. I've bought a couple of watches that are essentially unavailable in the United States from overseas sources and often the sales reps have never even heard of these international brands. Compared to the usual Rolex, Omega & TAG/Heuer we usually see here, Europe has SO many gorgeous high quality watches available, I almost get dizzy in the stores over there.
    Last edited by Squirrelly; February 9th, 2012 at 03:26.

Vulcain Nautique 1st Swiss/1967 * Seiko 5 SpeedTimer 1st Auto Chrono, from Tokyo Ginza/1969 * Handful of Seiko Quartz Chronos * Heuer Re-issue 1964 Pre-TAG Carrera chrono * TAG Heuer "Carrera" Chrono * Omega "Speedmaster" Chrono * Baume & Mercier Formula S Chrono * Zenith "El Primero" HW Chrono * Mühle Glashütte Nautische Chrono * Sinn 903ST “Navitimer” Chrono * Techné SparrowHawk II Chrono * Alpina Startimer Big-Date Chrono * Zodiac Sea Dragon chrono * (2) Victorinox "Infantry Vintage" Chronos (Silver/Green) * Junkers "G38" chrono * Hamilton Pioneer Khaki chrono * Bulova Marine Star Chrono/Diver * Breitling Chronospace chrono * Dan Henry 1939 chrono * Fortuna chrono * Delbana "Silverstone" chrono * Ball Fireman "Storm Chaser" chrono * William L. chrono * Junghans Meister Telemeter Chronoscope *

It's like making educated guess on SAT.
    Last edited by wuyeah; February 9th, 2012 at 05:38.

Absolutely. I've even had a few mention the watch I'm wearing. "The Speedmaster is a must-have, and a Submariner would be a great addition!" Last time at Tourneau.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Depends. I went to a place and was looking around and was wearing my vintage Waltham and was looking at a seiko 5 and the lady told me I would look too old with a seiko and she pulled out a nasty white G shock (copy!!!!!) digital and told me that this was what I wanted. I told her it was the ugliest thing I have ever seen and walked away.
    iamci and NineFace like this.
    Stratocasters Rock!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information