Where to begin??

Thread: Where to begin??

Where to begin??

Hello watch lovers,

I am new to this deal, and although I have been interested in watches all of my life, I have recently been left many watches by my father who passed away. Most of them are not of value, but a few I believe have some value and I am looking to sell/swap most of them and to trade/buy a nice watch for my wife and myself. My father had and wanted many, while I want a few nice ones to keep in the family. Any advice on people that might be interested in looking at my collection would be appreciated.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from the pros.

Re: Where to begin??

Why not post some pictures of your inherited collection? You can judge interest level and potential value from the responses and then list them in the sales forums.

Re: Where to begin??

My advice would be to do some research on how much the pieces are worth - check the sales forum here and ebay, for example. Then list the pieces for sale, individually on either the sales forum here or if you want, ebay. Make sure to carefully read the rules for listing ads here. In general, if you want to sell a collection, just list it in the sales section with good pictures, and a price. No "send me offers" or anything like that. Also, we discourage discussion of valuation since the cost can change significantly over time and can lead to false conclusions for future shoppers.

Quote Originally Posted by mdkeats View Post
    Hello watch lovers,

I am new to this deal, and although I have been interested in watches all of my life, I have recently been left many watches by my father who passed away. Most of them are not of value, but a few I believe have some value and I am looking to sell/swap most of them and to trade/buy a nice watch for my wife and myself. My father had and wanted many, while I want a few nice ones to keep in the family. Any advice on people that might be interested in looking at my collection would be appreciated.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from the pros.
    Lots of dive watches.

Thread Information