where do you buy watch tool kits B&M

Thread: where do you buy watch tool kits B&M

where do you buy watch tool kits B&M

Hey everyone!

I just received my very first watch last night, the Invicta Python Racing 3913. I received it pretty late last night, so now it's the weekend and i'm anxious to go out get a tool kit to resize the strap on my watch. Does anyone know any places to pick up inexpensive link remover tools from that is not an online store? Or, would you recommend that I go out to some place like Macy's to get the watches sized down? (i'm just skeptical of them charging me, haha). I'd like to get it done myself so i can get some experience out of it :)
    Last edited by Handonam; September 12th, 2009 at 20:03.

beshannon

Re: where do you buy watch tool kits B&M

I have seen tools at Harbor Freight is you have one nearby but I was not impressed by the quality of the tools.

Do a search here for watch tools, there are several online places to buy from with much better quality

Quote Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
    I have seen tools at Harbor Freight is you have one nearby but I was not impressed by the quality of the tools.

Do a search here for watch tools, there are several online places to buy from with much better quality
    is it at least inexpensive enough to do the job?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Go to the desk, grab a paper clip, straighten it one length. Use needle nose pliers about 3mm from the end of the clip. This will allow you to push the pin out enough to gently grasp it with the pliers. Save your money, save a trip. Works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by sixties.nut View Post
    Go to the desk, grab a paper clip, straighten it one length. Use needle nose pliers about 3mm from the end of the clip. This will allow you to push the pin out enough to gently grasp it with the pliers. Save your money, save a trip. Works just fine.
    i was planning on removing a few links though... dont i need a tool for that part?

I also called up Macy's. They said they will only do it to watches that are bought from the store. And she recommended a place next door, but they chage 11 bucks to do it. I thought removing links was free. pft. I'd rather do it myself, but I have no idea where to buy the tools.

btw a side question: are we able to take our watches out to elite invicta retailers to prevent the void of warranty?
    Last edited by Handonam; September 12th, 2009 at 20:57.

Adjusting the bracelet will not void your warranty. I know of no local stores that sell watch band kits. You will have to purchase one online from ofrei, borel, esslinger or ebay. These kits are just as cheesy as using the paper clip. Only you will be able to use the tools 'maybe once or twice more'. If you do decide to adjust the band yourself, remember to work on something soft like two/three sheets of paper towels.

Quote Originally Posted by sixties.nut View Post
    Adjusting the bracelet will not void your warranty. I know of no local stores that sell watch band kits. You will have to purchase one online from ofrei, borel, esslinger or ebay. These kits are just as cheesy as using the paper clip. Only you will be able to use the tools 'maybe once or twice more'. If you do decide to adjust the band yourself, remember to work on something soft like two/three sheets of paper towels.
    i might as well get it fitted for 11 bucks then huh? oh well.

the side note wasn't meant for the band, but servicing the watch in general. Elite Invicta retailers can service my watch under warranty, right? I bought my watch online from invictashark though.

I have no idea where to find a list of those retailers.
    Last edited by Handonam; September 12th, 2009 at 21:23.

Thread Information