WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What do you use to synchronize your watch?

• Computer clock

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • time.gov

Votes: 71 46.7%
  • Watchuseek clock

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Whatever is laying around

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Don't really care

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 50 32.9%

Where do you synchronize your watch?

12K views 71 replies 63 participants last post by  Bleh 
#1 ·
Just wanted to do a little poll on where everyone synchronizes their watches. Whether you're anal about it or not :) or how much accuracy matters to you or not.. Me personally, I just recently started to synchornize my watch with my computer clock which seems to be "universal" with everything else (cell phone, cable box, etc) so I figured it's a reliable source for synchronizing.

#3 ·
I use the clock on my computer as it's the most convenient. I just want to makes sure its some what close to accurate time and more importantly that none of them have suddenly started gaining or loosing a ton so all that I really care about is having a consistent clock to compare it to.

#5 ·
You could say that I'm fairly picky about watch accuracy...I usually use one of the GPS devices at my work to sync with, or my handheld GPS at home. I have some faith in my computer's clock and the internet time servers, but just choose the GPS as a better reference.

#8 ·
I synch it to my office clock as that is the most important reference for me. The office clock (i.e. the door access system clock) is always set to the gov.time(IST), so I set all my watches 5 minutes ahead of my office time.

#13 · (Edited)
Syncronize?
+- 1 minute is good enough for me!

Edit: I like to have a very accurate, (mechanical) watch, but in fact do not care/need to know the EXACT time, down to a second.
Nobody of us need that!!

#14 ·
#15 ·
Sync with my Casio Waveceptor (atomic) or Atomic G-Shock.

#21 ·
I generally use time.gov when I am away from home...and my atomic g-shock when I'm home [granted the signal reaches...]:-!

#24 ·
I sync using my atomic G-Shock no more than once a week. If the watch that I am wearing is within a minute or two of that time, I won't bother to update it. The time that I use when I'm at work is updated by GPS so when I need the exact time I reference that. So if my wristwatch is close, I'm OK with that.

#27 ·
I synchronize my auto's to one of my quartzes i the A.M. if I want to test accuracy for a 24 hour period. I do that every now any then to satisfy my anal-retentiveness, and reinforce the rationalization of spending SOOO much on an automatic watch. :-d (sez to the wife: "see, it's still super accurate, it was sooo worth the $$$!!")

Other than that, I don't really worry about synching my quartzes... I used to have an atomic G-Shock which I considered to be the best source of EXACTNESS. There's way too many things that can muck up a computers' d/l signal on a website.

#29 ·
Should've added cell phone to the poll. And people looking for convenience should use it instead of their computer.(Unless you're updating more often then whatever's allowed in Vista)

my cell phone is always more accurate than my computer. When I "sync now" on my computer it always jumps to the exact time my phone is showing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.