WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

White dial purchase opinions

473 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  zengineer 
#1 · (Edited)
I will say upfront I know it's my choice to make and am not asking anyone to "tell" me what I want. But I am interested in comments or anything I'm not thinking about. I have an Omega Speedmaster FOIS, a Rolex 39mm Explorer I and a white dial something else that I'm likely selling (the white one, not the others). Those 3 are the ones I wear mostly to work in business casual dress. I do also have a few nice dive style watches that cover more casual times and a quartz Marathon for rough duty. I do not at this time really need anything dressier than what I have. I am looking at 4 watches.

White dial Milgauss is a watch I owned and flipped for something else, miss it at times. A date function is not important to me. Grand Seiko snowflake spring drive SBGA211 is another I'm considering. I had a white dial high beat GS that wore a bit small because the dial is smaller than many 40mm watches, also flipped. I like the 39mm white Rolex Oyster Perpetual 114300 and recently a JLC chrono has caught my eye. I'd dump the blue strap for black and probably source a bracelet too. All are similar size and none are that much more expensive than another...at least not enough to wag the needle.

The Milgauss is not the most versatile watch, the Rolex OP is borderline boring, the JLC does get pricey if I add a bracelet and the GS power reserve hand is distracting.

On the other hand, the Milgauss is as cool as watches get, the OP is clean and looks great on bracelet or leather, the GS dial surface is like nothing else and the JLC would add brand diversity to my little collection.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Cartier Santos?

Hermes Slim D’Hermes?

#4 ·

Hermes Slim D'Hermes?
Interesting, wasn't on my radar at all but I like it. JLC also has a few non-chronos that are similar and in the running.

To be completely transparent, I kinda wanted a pre-ceramic Daytona at one time and that may be why the JLC chrono popped in, but I'm not dripping $17k on a used one...or any watch for that matter. I was tempted when they were trading for $10k a few years back. And don't tell me I should save and wait. That's not the issue...I just won't spend that on a watch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.