Who else wears their watch on the right wrist? (Right as in right side, not right as in correct)
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Who else wears their watch on the right wrist? (Right as in right side, not right as in correct)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Question Who else wears their watch on the right wrist? (Right as in right side, not right as in correct)

I've always worn my watches on the right arm as it felt right to me, but I keep getting told by other people that I'm not wearing it on the right side. So is there a right and wrong way to wear a watch, or is it alright to wear it on the right?

From early days on people were very careful with their costly and precious watches. They didn't wanted to get it damaged. Most people are right handed, therefore the precious watch on the left. That's it really. My opinion to it however, wear your watch where ever you want it. You must like it. That's the most important, period. :)
    Cheers,
    Wolf
    dbje, fixer29 and ronnie.mckinney2 like this.

Re: Who else wears their watch on the right wrist? (Right as in right side, not right as in correct

I also wear it on my right wrist as well since I was young. My father does it as well. Thanks for the explenation Wolf.

Cheers from David's phone
    Time is on my side. On my wrist actually. My right wrist to be precise..

"Once something is a passion, the motivation is there." - Michael Schumacher | Seven-time F1 world champion

Instagram:
    http://www.instagram.com/wristytimes

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Who else wears their watch on the right wrist? (Right as in right side, not right as in correct

I wear them only on the left hand. I dont know why, I jsut kind of started because I saw majority wears them like that.

not this again XD

Quote Originally Posted by commanche View Post
    not this again XD
    You are free to move along.
    ronnie.mckinney2 likes this.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Banned

Depends on the watch. If too big for left then right it is. In my case both wrists get a watch at the same time so no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf888 View Post
    From early days on people were very careful with their costly and precious watches. They didn't wanted to get it damaged. Most people are right handed, therefore the precious watch on the left. That's it really. My opinion to it however, wear your watch where ever you want it. You must like it. That's the most important, period. :)
    Cheers,
    Wolf
    Never thought of that, but it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by commanche View Post
    not this again XD
    Fair point, I'll try and think of something more original for my next post.

Since I'm right handed, I find it easier to put on a watch using my right hand. "Style" also dictates it to be on the left. Never seen anyone wear it on the right, except here on wus. Then I think: "Whhhat? Why is the crown on the wrong side? Oh... I see. Weird. Why?"

If one is left handed, it would be proper. Still not the "norm", but makes sense as soon as someone would write or "do" anything.

In true wis fashion, I will wear my watch on the right today to see for myself. Never done it. I bet nobody will notice. I'll report back.
    Money can't buy you happiness. But it can buy watches.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information