Who has the thinest watch with a regular ETA-2836 movement ?

Thread: Who has the thinest watch with a regular ETA-2836 movement ?

lvt

Picture Who has the thinest watch with a regular ETA-2836 movement ?

I was always amazed about how Tissot managed to put an ETA-2836/2 in a small case like my Seastar II, the case measures only 36mm wide and 6mm height.

I'd love to see other small size watches with a regular ETA-28xx to see whether a thinner watch exists

Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

v76

Re: Who has the thinest watch with a regular ETA-2836 movement ?

The height of the ETA 2836 movement is almost 5.1mm, I think it would be impossible to make a practical, everyday use watch of 6mm thickness with this movement. Realistically speaking, perhaps 9mm would be the thinnest (maybe 8mm).

The Elite 680 in my Zenith is about 3.28mm thick and the watch is about 6.8mm thick. This is the thinnest automatic watch I have. Even with an ETA 2892 (with a 3.6mm thickness), the thinnest watch I've seen is about 8.2mm. I have a Tissot Carson Mecaline gold (18kt case and back) with an ETA 2892 in it, the case is almost 9mm thick (with a 35mm diameter).
    Last edited by v76; December 3rd, 2010 at 05:39.
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

Considering the trend in watch sizes for the last ten years has been as large as they come; but the calibre sizes for ETA 28XX have not changed since they were originally developed in the 1970s when the trend was to be as small as possible; I think the pendulum will swing back again in the upcoming years to smaller sized watches. Some watch brands do have some watches in conservative sizes still: Tissot, as you mention is one, also check out the Max Bill designed watches from Junghans.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

lvt

@v76: thanks for the info, I just visually checked the watch, the case measures indeed 6mm, so no false statement from Tissot in this part, if you refer to the total height I should add 1.8~2mm for the flat crystal which increases the total height to about 8mm.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Thread Information