Who is LEMANIA?

Thread: Who is LEMANIA?

Who is LEMANIA?

The question should actually be.....

Is Lemania still around and if so where to find them and to which group (if any) they belong to?

I looked at the Swiss chamber of Commerce and I have found several Lemania colleges, travel firm, funeral directors, financial investments etc. etc.

but what about the movements?

Re: Who is LEMANIA?

Sorry - found it!

Nouvelle Lemania S.A. Manufacture d'horlogerie
    (Neue Lemania A.G., Uhrenmanufaktur)
    (New Lemania Inc. Watch Manufactory)

Selon décision de son assemblée générale du 23 juin 2004, contrat de fusion du 22 juin 2004 et bilan au 31 décembre 2003, la société est dissoute sans liquidation, au sens de l'art. 748 CO, par le fait que la société Montres Breguet S.A., à L'Abbaye, en reprend l'actif et le passif.
    and for the little French that I understand it was in trouble a few years ago.

Hayek Nicolas G., de Meister-schwanden, à Meister-schwanden adm. président signature collective à 2 1

Bally Anton, de Buchholterberg, à Grenchen adm. signature collective à 2 1

Geiser Edgar, de Langenthal, à Brügg adm. signature collective à 2
    Hayek is the President - hence Lemania is under the Swatch Group

What difference is there between Lemania and ETA!? please

During long time Lemania was independant and manufacture really good caliber. Today, as said in your article, Lemania was bought by Swatch Group (not ETA) to realise Breguet movements. In SG you have now ETA and Lemania for movements.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Carrez View Post
    During long time Lemania was independant and manufacture really good caliber. Today, as said in your article, Lemania was bought by Swatch Group (not ETA) to realise Breguet movements. In SG you have now ETA and Lemania for movements.

Does this mean that Chronograph Lemania movements are NOT really used for Mr. Joe Blogs watches? (at all) ?

I don't understand but confirm that today Lemania Movements are ONLY used in SG watches.

Lemania was one of the grand old movement houses best known in the last 15 years or so for the 5100 chronograph movement. The was some controvesy as some parts were made of high grade plastic but some very serious watch companies used it anyway and there were a lot of happy customers.

Swatch Group bought up Lemania, eventually ceasing production of the 5100 and it's new focus is providing movements to Breguet and I guess other high end brands in the SG portfolio as needed.

And here I though the Lemania was a phobia of those who are afraid of French men... or is it for girls who are crazy about french guys?

As far as I know the name Lemania doesn't exist anymore.
    They now are joined with Breguet, and are called something like Manufacture Breguet.
    But correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers,

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by Daddel Virks View Post
    As far as I know the name Lemania doesn't exist anymore.
    They now are joined with Breguet, and are called something like Manufacture Breguet.
    But correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers,

Daddel.
    Yep. They fused with Société Montres Breguet S.A., L'Abbaye, in 2004 which means "Swatch Group".

Thread Information