Why Christopher Ward???
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Why Christopher Ward???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why Christopher Ward???

As the title suggests.... Why do I see these things pop up so often? I feel late to the party or behind the times to a company that has a lot of fans. Someone explain to me why you feel they are special? Take for instance this c60 diver, have Seiko and others not done this for longer, and cheaper?
    Name:  87B66DD8-6CAB-4008-91C0-2F5622B3257A.png
Views: 295
Size:  239.6 KB
    Last edited by fonzytank; October 13th, 2017 at 22:41. Reason: Cantankerous members
    Classictimepiece likes this.
    Small rotating collection of interesting stories

Re: Why Christopher Ward???

Outstanding customer service
    great quality using Swiss movements and some in-house ones
    Good specs relative to price- value
    Engaged community w forums and owner participated in forums and interacts w customers
    wide range of designs

but perhaps the proper question should be... why not Chr Ward?
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
    "Don?t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" Greg King
    ?Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.? Mark Twain
    "The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
    "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a Rose will possess the Rose's fragrance." BB Warfield

There's a long diatribe in f71 but my take is simple.

The watch industry and buying process are old-school, frustrating and infuriating for anyone my age and younger who is value-conscious and interested in an Internet-first company who is responsive to the customer (vs. leaving that to the AD.) They got there first, and earned a loyal following. I don't think their early watches were necessarily the best watches ever, but that got them the recognition that they built on.

I don't own a CW, but Seiko specifically-- since you're calling them out-- is woefully short on 28,800 bph automatics with a sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel in that price range. That's just looking at specs, not accounting for someone who just flat out prefers the aesthetic of the Trident. I say that wearing a Turtle reissue...
    eddieo396 and rellybelly like this.
    Choose a job you love, and you'll never work a day in your life because that field isn't hiring.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Only 82 posts and you want people to rationalize their purchases to you
    Surely there's a less entitled way to get the information you seek (whatever it is).

i bought one cause it was ~$500 with a swiss movement, ceramic bezel and I liked the look of it. I bought another one cause it was ~$500 with a swiss movement, ceramic bezel and again i liked the look of that one.

Im not a huge seiko fan due to the lack of 28k movements in their lower models. And outside of a few, not a fan of the styling. So thats why i dont have as many seikos.
    eddieo396 likes this.

Why does your personal preference override what others want to do with their wallets?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Plenty of threads if you actually want to read.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by OvrSteer View Post
    There's a long diatribe in f71 but my take is simple.

The watch industry and buying process are old-school, frustrating and infuriating for anyone my age and younger who is value-conscious and interested in an Internet-first company who is responsive to the customer (vs. leaving that to the AD.) They got there first, and earned a loyal following. I don't think their early watches were necessarily the best watches ever, but that got them the recognition that they built on.

I don't own a CW, but Seiko specifically-- since you're calling them out-- is woefully short on 28,800 bph automatics with a sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel in that price range. That's just looking at specs, not accounting for someone who just flat out prefers the aesthetic of the Trident. I say that wearing a Turtle reissue...
    You have a solid point on sapphire vs hardlex, and I reckon on the bpm as well. I really didn’t understand the allure because they seem rather new to the horological world. I also was entirely unaware that the owner was involved forum wise. Correct me if I am wrong, but WUS doesn’t have a dedicated forum yet correct?

Yawn

Quote Originally Posted by Paul December View Post
    Only 82 posts and you want people to rationalize their purchases to you
    Surely there's a less entitled way to get the information you seek (whatever it is).
    I think I have owned more watches then I have posts. My apologies for being late to the forum party. With that said, as I mentioned in my OP, I wanted folks to help me understand what the attraction is. Which I think one of the above posts does eloquently. Aren’t you supposed to stay task when answering a thread?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information