Why does it do that?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Why does it do that?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why does it do that?

I have a Tiger Concept Black Bay homage, and it uses the DG2813 movement. Whenever I flick my wrist or there's any sharp movement of the watch, the second hand stops for a second or two, then continues. I had another watch with a DG2813, which would do this too. Anyone know why it does that?

Re: Why does it do that?

Don't flick your wrist in such an unnecessary motion then......

Sent via Tapatalk
    Janne, marchone and biglove like this.

(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Drop of a Hat View Post
    Don't flick your wrist in such an unnecessary motion then......

Sent via Tapatalk
    I kinda figured, but sometimes I may sharply move my wrist during the day for whatever reason, and if the stopping of the second hand is harming the movement, I'd like like to see what can be done to fix it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Switch hands when you feel the urge to flick a wrist.

What is a DG movement?

I just did a little research and from what I read (google this movement and you'll find some info) this movement suffers from seconds hand stutter due to the fact the seconds hand is not direct drive, as would be more common an ETA movement. What you describe seems to be pretty normal for this movement. Other's report that with abrupt movement, the seconds hand stutters, then plays catch-up. Aside from you modifying the movement, it seems it's something you'll have to live with. The good news is it does not appear to effect accuracy or the longevity of the movement itself.
    Last edited by RBrylawski; February 13th, 2013 at 05:35.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    Switch hands when you feel the urge to flick a wrist.

What is a DG movement?
    Apparently it's a Chinese movement........
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

How is that watch working out for you? I bought one about a year and a half ago and it was horrible. No water resistance, dial would move inside the case when I adjusted the time, then finally the stem snapped off. It wasn't cheap either... Oh, and it had no lume at all. I was so frustrated because I loved the look and feel of it, but mine just turned out to be absolute garbage. I am just curious if I recieved a dud, or if yours is similiar crappy quality. I hope you don't take offense, I was just VERY disappointed with mine.
    Patrick M. Faherty
    JLP Enterprises LLC

CURRENT LINEUP- ROLEX OYSTER PERPETUAL DATE REF 1500, SEIKO SARB035, ORIENT BLUERAY ( Making way for a 3-4 piece Rolex collection )

Wow, this is interesting. I wish I could picture exactly how that works. In any case, it's something different about the movement that makes owning it unique. As long as it doesn't effect accuracy, it's no big deal.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Quote Originally Posted by RBrylawski View Post
    I just did a little research and from what I read (google this movement and you'll find some info) this movement suffers from seconds hand stutter due to the fact the seconds hand is not direct drive, as would be more common an ETA movement. What you describe seems to be pretty normal for this movement. Other's report that with abrupt movement, the seconds hand stutters, then plays catch-up. Aside from you modifying the movement, it seems it's something you'll have to live with. The good news is it does not appear to effect accuracy or the longevity of the movement itself.
    Correct. Many Miyota's are also like that. Timezone has a nice article describing different center second mechanisms. Stutter issue is purely cosmetic, does not harm the movement in any way, does not affect accuracy either.

Quote Originally Posted by Patsbox7 View Post
    How is that watch working out for you? I bought one about a year and a half ago and it was horrible. No water resistance, dial would move inside the case when I adjusted the time, then finally the stem snapped off. It wasn't cheap either... Oh, and it had no lume at all. I was so frustrated because I loved the look and feel of it, but mine just turned out to be absolute garbage. I am just curious if I recieved a dud, or if yours is similiar crappy quality. I hope you don't take offense, I was just VERY disappointed with mine.
    I think you may have received a bad one because mine's been perfect aside from the stutter. I bought two actually, and only one suffers from the stutter. The water resistance is good for both, I've showered and splashed around a bit in the pool with both of them, the adjusting of the time is solid and the hands move nicely, the lume on mine is actually decent, it glows very brightly for about 10 minutes then fades to a nice dull glow that'll last a few hours with about a five minute charge. For $109 I'd take the risk and try them out again, because mine's been performing very well so far. As far as I know, the quality you get is based on who you buy them from as I believe these are kit watches, and actually assembled by the sellers. If you're curious, I bought mine from onlinestorehk, don't know if that's who you used, but they're pretty good and I recommend them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information