WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Why I hate the Apple Watch

2K views 37 replies 32 participants last post by  hdmelrose 
#1 ·
They have mainstreamed the mesh bracelet and thus no longer is it vintage/cognoscenti cool. :-|

#7 ·
I'm a bit concerned with their marketing tactics meaning will they push their silly iwatch through editorials, and other forms in marketing trying to tell people how cool tech watches are vs luxury watches. Sometimes I wonder if apple funds hodinkee to praise the iwatch......Will they push their presence with the millenial generation to be less materialistic and for everyone to sport a $5 casio and tech watch. Just thinking outloud here.

#8 ·
I'm a bit concerned with their marketing tactics meaning will they push their silly iwatch through editorials, and other forms in marketing trying to tell people how cool tech watches are vs luxury watches. Sometimes I wonder if apple funds hodinkee to praise the iwatch......Will they push their presence with the millenial generation to be less materialistic and for everyone to sport a $5 casio and tech watch. Just thinking outloud here.
Sure. Apple must sink massive amounts of cash into marketing and they lose their minds when people give their products bad reviews.

Are negative reviews uncovering a bad Apple? | PicPr

#10 ·
I don't consider it a "watch", it's a "wearable internet connection device", and that is that.....story over.

I don't own one but love Apple products for about 15 years now and if I ever see the need personally for a "wearable internet connection device" I'm sure I will get one.

Now everyone can relax and enjoy our "real watches"!!

#19 ·
It's an expensive and cool looking alarm watch to me.

#27 ·
I have the cheapo sport which I quite like for basic data at the gym etc. Use it for nothing else mind.

I listen to a few tech podcasts and the extent to which they enthuse about different coloured rubber bands that Apple deigns to grace them with is quite embarrassing. I know it's all down to personal taste, but the current Apple Watch is strictly utilitarian and quite dull regardless of how you dress it up, imo.

#30 · (Edited)
All this mesh talk reminds me that it is time to buy a new mesh bracelet for my Bulova Precisionist Big Blue so I can look cool in the pool as my son takes his swimming lessons. And for swimming. Of course.

Now, the obligatory pic.
Watch Silver Analog watch Watch accessory Strap

Reactions: rossi46
#35 ·
There are a lot of reasons to hate the Apple watch. Apple making it being one of them, and the fact that it will eventually make Apple more profit than most mechanical watch companies combined is another. Disgusting....
I'm not sure I'm supposed to be happy that a tech company is making that much money out of me and people like me, but anyway...

Apple Watch Will Smash All Swiss Watch, wasn't that the new-economy, pidgin-English headline from last year?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.