Why I WILL buy from Jomashop again... and you should too!
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Why I WILL buy from Jomashop again... and you should too!

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Why I WILL buy from Jomashop again... and you should too!

**** UPDATE ****
    A couple hours ago I got a truly remarkable phone call from Jomashop. It appears they've read this thread and are now VERY aware of the experience I had, more than that they are quite frankly horrified. Probably EVEN MORE horrified than I was that this happened... and absolutely furious that I was treated this way.

Now of course the phone call was also fueled a good bit by the existence of this thread and the damage it is causing to their reputation... but it was VERY clear to me by the end of my phone conversation that these guys, and the manager I spoke with in particular were VERY angry that their staff treated me the way he did. More than that he truly cared about my experience as a customer and wanted to make things right.

The whole call went exactly the way an excellent customer service experience is supposed to go. He called me up and asked me to relate to him exactly what happened... even though he already knew, he wanted to give me the chance to explain and vent about what happened. He listened and stopped me periodically to tell me when he thought something was particularly wrong and pledged to deal with it. He was VERY MUCH on my side the whole way... When I was done he went off about how wrong it was that things happened the way they did, and he even gave me the feeling that he was pretty embarrassed. Furthermore he went on to pledge that he would absolutely take 100% care of my watch... even going so far as to offer to pay the Montblanc repair bill so long as it was reasonable... and if it wasn't he pledged that his watchmaker would repair the watch instead 100% to my satisfaction.

I'm completely shocked... Throughout this thread I've read people arguing that I was crazy to expect AD level treatment from a GM dealer like Jomashop.... I can now say that I'm receiving BETTER treatment than any other dealer I've worked with... local... boutique... online... or otherwise.

Not only is my faith restored in Jomashop, but I will probably look at Jomashop FIRST going forward... let it be known if you ever have trouble with Jomashop customer service... DEMAND to speak to a manager, because there are people there who 1. Know what they're doing and 2. Truly give a darn about their customers and will go the extra mile to make you a happy customer.

I'll keep you all updated as this whole thing goes forward, but I can say I'm feeling VERY confident that at the end of the day I'll have my watch exactly the way I wanted it....

Thanks for listening,

-Max

I'm LIVID. Like foaming at the mouth, red-faced, head thumping ANGRY.

As you know I just bought myself a brand spanking new Montblanc TwinFly Flyback Chronograph that arrived here the day before christmas. I spent several days agonizing over where to buy it.. Option 1 was buying it from the local Montblanc boutique who helped me look at the watch in person. Option 2 was buying it from an authorized dealer across the country in California for 25% off the retail price... Option 3 was buying it Grey market for what ended up being 40% off the retail price. In the end money talks and bulls$%& walks... so I pocketed the extra cash and bought it from Jomashop, having successfully bought 3 other watches there in the past with no problems.

Watch arrived the day before Christmas and appeared in every way to be perfect... I wore it proudly all day, but when I showed it to my wife that evening, and demonstrated the chronograph feature a problem manifested. When I started/stopped/reset the chronograph the seconds register began slowly drifting further and further back from 0 with each reset.... now it's a full 5 seconds back from 0 when reset.

Here's a video:

So I was pretty upset, but I was reasonably sure Jomashop would take care of me... however as I did my research it became apparent that Jomashop would likely use a 3rd party repair shop to service the watch, and it could take a very long time before I see the watch again. That wasn't going to be acceptable to me... I wanted either a new replacement or a swift refund so I could go back to the AD and re-purchase the watch there. But I needed to calm down... I was jumping to conclusions... I needed to talk to Jomashop first and really understand what the options were.

So I called them up this morning, and was transferred to their "repair and returns" line... where I talked to some guy...

I describe the problem to him... and he says lets see if we can correct it... he has me pull out the crown and press different pushers none of which has any effect on the position of the seconds register whatsoever. He then says he doesn't believe the watch is fully wound, and I would need to wear the watch for at least 8 hours and then call back.

I say ummm I don't really like that answer, I don't think thats going to solve anything and I'd really like a replacement or a refund at this point. Thats when things got really out of control.... he asks me... did you set the date on this watch?... I said... umm yes. Was it AM or PM when you set it. I said ummm I believe it was AM. He says ah you're not supposed to adjust the time between 8PM and 2AM and I had damaged the mechanism of the watch. I said... dude I'm not stupid, this watch doesn't even have a quick set date... you have to advance the time to change the date, which means EVERYTIME you set the date you HAVE to do it between the hours of 8PM and 2AM. He then starts saying we're going to find out if you did... and if you did we're going to charge you a re-stocking fee...

I explain, look dude this is the 4th watch I've bought from you(none of which I've returned), why do you think I'm an idiot?, I know a thing or two about watches and why don't you believe that I'm an honest guy. He says... I see what you've bought previously and nothing has the complexity of this watch... and I've been doing this for 15 years.

This garbage conversation continued until I said enough and ended the call...

I'm now sending the watch to Montblanc and will pay them whatever they ask for to make the watch right... because quite frankly I don't TRUST that I won't be screwed by sending it back to Jomashop.

I will NEVER EVER EVER buy ANYTHING from Jomashop ever again... it's just way too much of a gamble... god help me if I had to ever send anything to them for warranty service. I'm going to get this watch taken care of myself and warranty it myself with my own wallet.

Just unbelievable...
    Last edited by Doboji; December 28th, 2012 at 02:28. Reason: Change in outcome

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

Re: Why I will NEVER EVER buy from Jomashop again... and you shouldn't either

Sorry to hear about your watch. I'd be angry too. It's always a gamble buying from a grey market dealer. Hopefully the repair won't cost you more than the 15% savings you got in the first place.
    Doboji and nakedjohnny like this.

Banned

Maybe there's a lesson in this...

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/mora...ey-792798.html

FWIW, new watches from grey, ADs and boutiques fail. Customer service experience is dependent upon the person you speak with (some being better than others), not so much the company (I've had Omega customer service reps tell me things I know weren't true). I've heard of folks using Jomas' repair service with good results. I've heard of people using Omega and Rolex service centers and being unhappy.
    Doboji, Mr Rick and myke like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Don't tell your brother.

How did you pay them?

If it was paypal open a dispute -> defective merchandise -> return it tracked and they will side with you and give you a refund
    myke likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby12 View Post
    How did you pay them?

If it was paypal open a dispute -> defective merchandise -> return it tracked and they will side with you and give you a refund
    I paid Paypal/Credit Card for maximum protection. I've already sent the watch off to Montblanc, I'm hoping they can take care of the whole thing for <$600 or so... in which case I will just take the loss and a Montblanc blessed watch. If it turns out worse than that... then I will pursue the dispute.

Thanks for the suggestion... any idea how long it takes to resolve a paypal dispute?

Collection:
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

It sounds like the chronograph seconds hand isn't securely fitted (they're just friction mounted), and it's something that any competent watchmaker would have been able to fix for you.
    myke likes this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    It sounds like the chronograph seconds hand isn't securely fitted (they're just friction mounted), and it's something that any competent watchmaker would have been able to fix for you.
    So you think Montblanc will get that and charge accordingly? Or are they going to nail me to the wall?

Collection:

Why I will NEVER EVER buy from Jomashop again... and you shouldn't either

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    +1 looks like an easy fix to me too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Doboji View Post
    So you think Montblanc will get that and charge accordingly? Or are they going to nail me to the wall?
    Given that you bought it from a grey market dealer, you should have just sent it to an independent watchmaker. One can hope that Montblanc will be reasonable in their service pricing, but I wouldn't count on it.

In defense of Jomashop, even if you bought it from an AD, after wearing it for a while, they would probably have only given you the option of repairing the watch, as opposed to offering a refund or replacement. While their customer service agent in "repairs and returns" sounds a bit incompetent, I don't think they're worse than the average grey market dealer. The grey market dealers who might do a better job are Costco or Amazon.
    myke likes this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information