Why most people wear rolex with metal bracelet?
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Why most people wear rolex with metal bracelet?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Why most people wear rolex with metal bracelet?

Diver watch are very versatile they can be used with any kind of strap. I love an omega smp with oem omega rubber, nato straps, or even leathers. Lots of people customize their watches from any other brand like seiko with any kind of straps. But all i saw from rolex wearers is metal bracelets. Why?? when lots of watch bloggers change their watch "shoes" in every shots, they still only go with the metal bracelets with rolexes
    Last edited by Reynold; March 18th, 2019 at 18:15.
    Orient Star WZ0291DK JDM
    Omega Seamaster Professional Diver 300M 210.30.42.20.01.001
    Omega Speedmaster Professional "Moonwatch" 311.30.42.30.01.006

Re: Why most people wear rolex with metal bracelet?

Based on your choice of words, I don't think you're really interested in an answer, but here goes anyway.

They like it. They don't think it's boring. Current Rolex bracelets are among the most comfortable bracelets. In fact, my Submariner has, without a doubt, the most comfortable bracelet of any watch I've ever owned or worn. Lots of people wear older Rolex references on other straps, back when Rolex bracelets weren't great; but as someone who has a Submariner, I see no reason to ever take it off its bracelet. A big part of the draw of Rolex is how great the bracelets are.

wwarren, mleok, oztech and 13 others like this.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

They like having 904L bracelets. Can't get them anywhere else.
    oztech likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I wear both my Rolex on a bracelet and I’ve recently ordered another one on a bracelet. I like bracelets. Oh, and FYI I could bore for England.
    Berty234 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Based on your choice of words, I don't think you're really interested in an answer, but here goes anyway.

They like it. They don't think it's boring. Current Rolex bracelets are among the most comfortable bracelets. In fact, my Submariner has, without a doubt, the most comfortable bracelet of any watch I've ever owned or worn. Lots of people wear older Rolex references on other straps, back when Rolex bracelets weren't great; but as someone who has a Submariner, I see no reason to ever take it off its bracelet. A big part of the draw of Rolex is how great the bracelets are.

Sorry if i sounded like that, i do want to know why tho. can you explain why its more comfortable than other bracelets? i tend to feel bracelets are heavy to wear. does the rolex bracelets thinner or lighter that makes them more comfortable to wear?
    Orient Star WZ0291DK JDM
    Omega Seamaster Professional Diver 300M 210.30.42.20.01.001
    Omega Speedmaster Professional "Moonwatch" 311.30.42.30.01.006

I wear most of my Rolexes on strap, just like all my watches, frankly. But I'm all vintage, my newest watch is 25 years old and my newest Rolex 30+...most of my watches are from the 1960s and 1970s.
    Perlon for summer, leather for cooler weather. The exceptions are my gold watches. Those are (except the rose-gold 1012 I'll never find that bracelet it's impossible) all on bracelet...the gold bracelets were OK even when the steel ones were kinda (IMO) crap. I never ever wear my Sub or Explorer on bracelet, for example.

For new watches, the new bracelets are amazing and I think there are two reasons the new ones are so often worn on bracelet - they were sold that way to the buyer and he thinks that's the way they were meant to be worn, and/or he has neither the expertise nor the tools to remove the bracelet and put on a strap.

As to "boring", sure. But my "exciting" watches tend not to get much wrist time, frankly. Today's watch, a ref 1016 on grey perlon, is about as low-key as it gets for a Rolex, which is exactly how I want it when I'm bellying up to the bar in a room full of strangers later tonight.
    WallyFreddie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynold View Post
    Sorry if i sounded like that, i do want to know why tho. can you explain why its more comfortable than other bracelets? i tend to feel bracelets are heavy to wear. does the rolex bracelets thinner or lighter that makes them more comfortable to wear?
    I don't know why he took issue with your choice of words and thinking you're not interested in an answer. That was out of line.

As for the bracelets, Rolex bracelets taper to 16mm. A lot of people really like that.
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Lots of people wear older Rolex references on other straps, back when Rolex bracelets weren't great; but as someone who has a Submariner, I see no reason to ever take it off its bracelet. A big part of the draw of Rolex is how great the bracelets are.
    This, the new Rolex bracelets together with the tool-free micro-adjustability of the Glidelock clasp means that one can achieve a perfect fit and exceptional comfort. Another practical issue is that the manufacturing tolerances on modern Rolexes are exceptionally tight, so it requires a specialized springbar tool which can compress both ends simultaneously in order to remove and replace a modern Rolex bracelet.

SaoDavi, TJ Boogie, U5512 and 3 others like this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Because I like bracelets.
    And leather straps on a diver? Well, I'm not gonna say nuthin' because it's a free country ... but ... well ... I'm not saying it ...
    Barge likes this.

Because Rolex watches are sold on a bracelet.
    Carl.1 likes this.

Thoughts for the day:
    facts, experience, opinion - figure which yours is before you start typing
    DM's Ghetto Watch Polishing Guide

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information