Why no Bregeut forum?
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Why no Bregeut forum?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60
  1. #1
    Member DilliTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    East of Suez
    Posts
    1,010

    Why no Bregeut forum?

    Simple question really, is there a reason we don't have a Breguet forum? I mean I know they're new kids on the block and all with few horological achievements to speak of but still I thought they just might have a few fans in these parts.

    Or have I entirely missed something, in which case please feel free to smugly put me back in my box.

  2. #2
    Moderator Emeritus Bradjhomes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    38,225

    Re: Why no Bregeut forum?

    Same answer as any 'Why no [insert brand name here] forum?' question...

    Probably not enough discussion about this brand alone to warrant it. Covered adequately by the High End forum.
    soaking.fused likes this.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011



  3. #3
    Member DilliTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    East of Suez
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Why no Bregeut forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bradjhomes View Post
    Same answer as any 'Why no [insert brand name here] forum?' question...

    Probably not enough discussion about this brand alone to warrant it. Covered adequately by the High End forum.
    Fair enough. Sad for poor Breguet then when you consider there's a dedicated Suunto forum, or is that sponsored?

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Moderator Emeritus Bradjhomes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    38,225

    Re: Why no Bregeut forum?

    High end forum showing as having 4,044 threads with 65,150 posts.

    Suunto forum showing as having 6,398 threads with 66,801 posts.

    Shows that more people want to discuss Suunto than the whole category Breguet forms a part of. It doesn't really diminish the worth of the brand though, does it?
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011



  6. #5
    Moderator Public Forum John MS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    21,210

    Re: Why no Bregeut forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by DilliTime View Post
    Fair enough. Sad for poor Breguet then when you consider there's a dedicated Suunto forum, or is that sponsored?

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Why so sad? Breguet gets covered in high end along with other brands that don't individually generate much traffic. Bringing them together under one forum will generate far more views and comments than they would attract separately. I see it as a plus.
    Last edited by John MS; May 14th, 2018 at 16:45.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    485

    Re: Why no Bregeut forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by DilliTime View Post
    Simple question really, is there a reason we don't have a Breguet forum? I mean I know they're new kids on the block and all with few horological achievements to speak of but still I thought they just might have a few fans in these parts.

    Or have I entirely missed something, in which case please feel free to smugly put me back in my box.
    Not sure I would call them new kids on the block as they were founded in 1775, and as for horological achievements they invented the Breguet overcoil and the tourbillon among other things (and possibly made the first wristwatch too). So consider yourself re-boxed
    DilliTime and exxtinguishable like this.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,314

    Re: Why no Bregeut forum?

    Breguet have a certain style to all of their watches that appears very old fashioned to many. I like their Tradition range and a couple of their Classique models. Unless you really like their style, they are priced so that many other offerings out there are considered over Breguet. Don’t see many of their watches in the “show your collection” threads on here, or Instagram where people go to show off their watches, and they don’t get mentioned very often when threads are posted asking for recommendations.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DilliTime likes this.

  9. #8
    Member DilliTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    East of Suez
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Why no Bregeut forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by fixer29 View Post
    Not sure I would call them new kids on the block as they were founded in 1775, and as for horological achievements they invented the Breguet overcoil and the tourbillon among other things (and possibly made the first wristwatch too). So consider yourself re-boxed
    I was being sarcastical ;)

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    dbostedo and Brey17 like this.

  10. #9
    Member DilliTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    East of Suez
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Why no Bregeut forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by kepa View Post
    Breguet have a certain style to all of their watches that appears very old fashioned to many. I like their Tradition range and a couple of their Classique models. Unless you really like their style, they are priced so that many other offerings out there are considered over Breguet. Don’t see many of their watches in the “show your collection” threads on here, or Instagram where people go to show off their watches, and they don’t get mentioned very often when threads are posted asking for recommendations.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Actually on the pre owned market they are amazing value, particularly the classique. A classique is actually next on my list, you can pick up even the more contemporary sized pieces in gold for far less than an equivalent Rolex or JLC for example.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  11. #10
    Member DilliTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    East of Suez
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Why no Bregeut forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    Why so sad? Breguet gets covered in high end along with other brands that don't individually generate much traffic. Bringing them together under one forum will generate far more views and comments than they would attract separately. I see it as a plus.
    I meant it's sad that apparently more people are talking about Suunto than Bregeut according to the metric of being more popular equals an individual thread. Then again I suppose popularity is a pretty poor barometer for judging relative merits nowadays in any case.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 50
      Last Post: December 11th, 2011, 18:36
    2. Why no Longines forum?
      By chuchichan in forum Dive watches
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: August 9th, 2009, 04:52
    3. Admin ?: Why no Hamilton forum
      By IronHide in forum Public Forum
      Replies: 75
      Last Post: May 9th, 2009, 15:57
    4. Why no Marathon Forum?
      By Hondo in forum Dive watches
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: February 13th, 2008, 04:44
    5. Why no Corum Forum?
      By Skans in forum Public Forum
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: December 6th, 2007, 18:48

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •