Why no Corum Forum?

Thread: Why no Corum Forum?

Why no Corum Forum?

I am interested in the Corum Tides watch, but cannot find any forum that hosts discussions on Corum watches. Specifically, I'd like to see some wrist shots (can't tell how large it is) and know more about the tide complication (seems pretty sophisticated) and the construction of the bezel.

I just can't seem to find the information that I'm seeking on this watch that intrigues me.

Re: Why no Corum Forum?

Skans,

I got inroduced to Corum by one of my local Omega Rolex shops, the sales lady was saying how good they were, and over the past few years I paid closer attention to them. They are really well made and finished, second to none, The cases are sculptures in their own right, difficult even wth todays technology.

Most of the models I have seen are quite large, but not too large good balance. There should be a forum for them. They are on my wish list above Rolex etc.

John

The quick answer is because Corum doesn't pay for one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    The quick answer is because Corum doesn't pay for one.
    OR because there isn't a big enough interest. The only manufacturer sponsored forums here are the ones in the "official" forums list. I would like to see a Corum forum but it would look like the TX and Timex forum - sparsely attended.
    -Jarrod

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by Skans View Post
    I am interested in the Corum Tides watch, but cannot find any forum that hosts discussions on Corum watches. Specifically, I'd like to see some wrist shots (can't tell how large it is) and know more about the tide complication (seems pretty sophisticated) and the construction of the bezel.

I just can't seem to find the information that I'm seeking on this watch that intrigues me.
    I am not a Corum fan, you´ll find 99 Corum related posts on the purist.com.

Plus, Corum forum is so much fun to say, I doubt anyone would get any work done!

V8

Would the quorum have decorum on the Corum forum?

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your rear end. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall.

nonsense, that has nothing to do with it. I am willing to open a Corum forum if it is guaranteed to get lots of traffic. There really is no need for a slow forum. Therefore I encourage everyone to post Corum related messages in here and perhaps later have it's own forum.
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Watchuseek.com

I agree with the Admin - no need to start a new forum unless there is enough traffic to justify it.

I guess, eventhough there is no Corum Forum here, I expected to find one somewhere. Although I don't particularly care for many corum watches, that Tides watch is really getting me roped in every time I see a picture of it. In fact, I sort of like the Admiral's Cup line. I don't like their cartoonish picture watches - just not my thing.

The tides module on the Corum watch seems quite sophistocated. I'd love to see a pictures of the movement. I originally thought that the "flag" bezel was exposed, but now I believe that it is actually protected und the crystal. This is important to me, because I can see myself dinging and scratching that bezel easily if it is exposed. But, I can't really see in the pictures what holds the crystal in if the bezel is underneath it. The steel bracelt also seems to be exceptional quality. I also myself drawn to the "sail-cloth" strap. I'm kind of a nautical oriented person, so these things in a watch do grab my attention. I just wish there was more information out there from people who actually own or have dissassembled the watch.

Thread Information