Why no love for the Advisor ?
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Why no love for the Advisor ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Why no love for the Advisor ?

Hi guys,

So the question is: Why no love for the Tudor Advisor new release? Have not seen much talk about it. Nothing compared to the Pelagos or the BB?

I was looking at the black dial and it looks quite intriguing and the fit and finish seem to be top notch. Why not too much talk about it?

For those who don’t know, this is one of Tudor's latest release. Remake of the 1957 Advisor. It has a 42mm case, ETA based with an in-house alarm complication module added.

What’s your take.

Cheers,
    GB

Borrowed pics:
    Name:  Tudor+Heritage+Advisor+Black+dial+%u002525282%2529.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  154.4 KB
    Name:  Tudor+Heritage+Advisor+Black+dial+%u002525281%2529.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  124.5 KB
    Name:  tudor-heritage-advisor-alarm-watch-2011-dial-detail.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  43.2 KB
    TheWalrus, Popoki Nui and CMTFR like this.

Re: Why no love for the Advisor ?

Hadn't seen it before, but I quite like the gray dial one, and I've always wanted an alarm. My experience with Tudor has been very positive so far, I'd definitely consider getting one if the bank account allowed for it.

See nothing to love.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

In the steel it felt a little plain... like it was missing something. It feels similar to the B&M Clifton watches but not as nice... albeit w/ the alarm.

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

Quote Originally Posted by Doboji View Post
    In the steel it felt a little plain... like it was missing something. It feels similar to the B&M Clifton watches but not as nice... albeit w/ the alarm.
    Did you see the black one? I had a similar feeling on the white one but the black dial felt much nicer in person.

I quite like that, apart from the name and the over size pusher; but anything with Dauphine hands has a head start with me.
    baronrojo likes this.

Drawback to me is size...42mm is my max, but add lug length?
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Quote Originally Posted by lmcgbaj View Post
    Did you see the black one? I had a similar feeling on the white one but the black dial felt much nicer in person.
    I didn't I only saw the white. I'll have to check out the black dial at some point... I wanted to like it. I like Tudor as a brand, but they don't have anything in my size that would work for me.

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

I think it's a fantastic watch. Tudor is really upping their game. The Advisor, and the GranTour are two particularly nice watches that seem to have been overshadowed by the two dive watches, and the Chronographs. Hopefully that changes, because they have a really solid core of dive watches, chronos, dress watches, other complication watches, and simple 3 handed sport watches.

I took a close look at the GranTour before I bought my Black Bay - cheaper than the BB, but no less well built. And equally attractive to my eye - though in a different way.
    Name:  tudor-grantour-date-ref.-20050n-watch.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  83.5 KB
    Daily Rotation:
    Seiko
    "Save the Ocean" Turtle; Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Descent; Tissot PRS200

I agree, the Advisor doesn't get enough attention with all the hype around the sportier new releases: the Black Bay (which I own and love), the Pelagos, and the heritage chronos. I have seen the Advisor in person in white and preferred that dial. For me the issue is the 42mm size which wears larger than I'd like.

I like mechanical alarm complications. Very cool.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information