Why so many high-ends and new or like new watches in the private seller sales corner?
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Doboji
  • 2 Post By dbakiva
  • 2 Post By Perdendosi

Thread: Why so many high-ends and new or like new watches in the private seller sales corner?

Why so many high-ends and new or like new watches in the private seller sales corner?

Is it because most members are wealthy?

What I seek are deals on used mid-level watches - and I know that most other people do as well, because anything along those lines sells almost immediately and that is where you really get a good deal.

Maybe there should be another more affordable sales corner>?!
    "Work is the curse of the drinking classes." Wilde

Re: Why so many high-ends and new or like new watches in the private seller sales corner?

Quote Originally Posted by zekezeke View Post
    Is it because most members are wealthy?

What I seek are deals on used mid-level watches - and I know that most other people do as well, because anything along those lines sells almost immediately and that is where you really get a good deal.

Maybe there should be another more affordable sales corner>?!
    How do you define "affordable" vs "high-end"?.... I actually find the sales forum is a pretty good reflection of what most people are buying and selling. I think the last thing we need is to start diviing the sales forum up further.
    Alex.C, Perdendosi and JD_S like this.

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

Re: Why so many high-ends and new or like new watches in the private seller sales corner?

It may mean that some members briefly thought they were wealthy and now do not. Or indicative of a short attention span.
    akasnowmaaan and rezoguitar like this.
    Over a half century of "just the right amount of odd."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If they sell almost immediately, you might have your explanation for why you're not seeing many of them. Unbumped "sold" items get buried awfully quickly on the sales forum.

Banned

Why so many high-ends and new or like new watches in the private seller sales c

The sales forum reflects what people want to sell.
    There is no reason why that should directly correlate with what people want to buy.

Re: Why so many high-ends and new or like new watches in the private seller sales c

The FS forum seems right-sized to me. There is a lot of Seiko/Orient and a lot of Rolex/Omega/Panerai (which all happen to be popular brands that people buy and, one would expect, sell) and most everything else falls somewhere in between with a few falling outside of that range. It'd be interesting to track all of the listings but I'd bet the average sale price of all items listed is between $1,000-2,000.

Banned

Why so many high-ends and new or like new watches in the private seller sales...

Alternatively use lionseek or watchrecon

Quote Originally Posted by Doboji View Post
    How do you define "affordable" vs "high-end"?.... I actually find the sales forum is a pretty good reflection of what most people are buying and selling. I think the last thing we need is to start diviing the sales forum up further.
    Totally agree, except there should be a G-shock-only subforum. God, those things clutter up the listings for the rest of the good watches.
    cprrckwlf and WWII70 like this.

- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Current collection:
    Oris Big Crown Pointer Date (in red!) | Oris Artix Date | Glycine Airman DC-4 GMT | Christopher Ward C60 600 White Trident | Poljot Journey Chronograph | Bernhardt Corsair GMT | Nth Naken Renegade | Hamilton Jazzmaster Square | Citizen Grand Classic | Kronaby Apex | Seiko Save-the-Ocean Samurai | Prometheus Jellyfish Yellow | Spinnaker Bradner | Heimdallr Bronze Turtle (6309 Homage) | Seiko SSC509 Solar World Time Quartz Chronograph | Undone Modern Chrono | Bulova UHF Military 96B229 | Raketa "Big Zero" |

To the OP's original question -- I think it goes in waves. I feel like there are days where all you see are Rolexes and Pams (and G-Shocks), and then days when everything new are TAGs, Bernhart, Orient, Deep Blue, Russians, and people's Invicta quartz collections (and G-Shocks).

Of course, expensive watches probably take longer to sell, so they're probably around longer. But I see plenty of upper-end Seiko, Helson, Hamilton, Tissot, FC, Stowa, Steinhart, etc, in the $500-$1500 range. It's just that they go very quickly if they're priced right.

- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Current collection:
    Oris Big Crown Pointer Date (in red!) | Oris Artix Date | Glycine Airman DC-4 GMT | Christopher Ward C60 600 White Trident | Poljot Journey Chronograph | Bernhardt Corsair GMT | Nth Naken Renegade | Hamilton Jazzmaster Square | Citizen Grand Classic | Kronaby Apex | Seiko Save-the-Ocean Samurai | Prometheus Jellyfish Yellow | Spinnaker Bradner | Heimdallr Bronze Turtle (6309 Homage) | Seiko SSC509 Solar World Time Quartz Chronograph | Undone Modern Chrono | Bulova UHF Military 96B229 | Raketa "Big Zero" |

Thread Information