Why is Tisson PRC 200 such a unique watch? Is it?

Thread: Why is Tisson PRC 200 such a unique watch? Is it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why is Tisson PRC 200 such a unique watch? Is it?

Hey all,

i see that Tissot PRC 200 quartz chrono holds special place. Is it really that good? It seem that there are at least two camps when it comes to opinion.

Kindly share your thoughts.

THanks

v76

Re: Why is Tisson PRC 200 such a unique watch? Is it?

I don't know of anyone who thinks that of the PRC 200 ... definitely not me! It's not a thermo-compensated movement either, beats me.
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

I have never heard this or that it was "overly" thought of. Not saying it is a bad watch, just haven't heard what you describe.
    Better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by miziq View Post
    Hey all,

i see that Tissot PRC 200 quartz chrono holds special place. Is it really that good? It seem that there are at least two camps when it comes to opinion.

Kindly share your thoughts.

THanks
    Uuuhhh...who does it hold a special place with?

I have a Tissot PRC 200 its a nice watch. I have the non-chrono version. Its finish and detail is really nice for the price.When I wear it people assume its one of those nice +$1000 watches. I wouldnt call it unique. I would just call it well made.
    Dee & Ricky G-shock, Dornbluth 99.1 IWC Big Pilot, Selvin, JLC Memovox, Omega Speedy Pro, Vintage Seamaster,PAM 243 Rolex 1675, 16600, 16610, 16610LV, 114300, Slava Big Zero, Tudor Snowflake Vostok 2013 WUS Amphibia

It also holds a special place because it's fairly inexpensive (as far as Swiss watches go). Being one of the more affordable watches, it's probably bought by more people. I think if (when?) I buy a sportier one, I may get a Tissot PRC200 chrono. I like the way it looks and because I tend to prefer dressier watches, it's a good price-to-value ratio. I may go for a Seiko though. Since this wont be my 'everyday' watch, I wanted a quartz.

The PRC 200 enjoyed some notoriety a little while ago because a ton of fakes started showing up on eBay and other places... Since usually you only see fakes of higher-end watches, there were a ton of people who bought them, thinking they were getting a great deal on a good-looking chrono from a nice mid-tier brand. So initially, people were talking about the model because it seemed to be a great bargain.

When it became clear many of these PRC 200's were fakes, people obviously began talking about the model in a different capacity.

In the fallout, while people were trying to determine if the PRC 200's they had purchased were genuine or not, it became apparent that it was difficult to tell fake from authentic because there were discrepancies even between genuine PRC 200's. In some cases, certain watches were being declared fake, then authentic, then fake again. It was kind of a train-wreck, and it had a lot of people talking.

So to wrap up, the PRC 200 has been the center of a little bit of controversy, and garnered some attention it would not have received had it not been for the fakes fiasco. It's a handsome chrono from a respectable Swiss maker, a mid-level brand in the Swatch family of marques. A nice watch, but certainly nothing particularly special.

Thanks all.

It is an extremely good seller. I believe it is tissot's top seller.

Quote Originally Posted by starter View Post
    The PRC 200 enjoyed some notoriety a little while ago because a ton of fakes started showing up on eBay and other places... Since usually you only see fakes of higher-end watches, there were a ton of people who bought them, thinking they were getting a great deal on a good-looking chrono from a nice mid-tier brand. So initially, people were talking about the model because it seemed to be a great bargain.

When it became clear many of these PRC 200's were fakes, people obviously began talking about the model in a different capacity.

In the fallout, while people were trying to determine if the PRC 200's they had purchased were genuine or not, it became apparent that it was difficult to tell fake from authentic because there were discrepancies even between genuine PRC 200's. In some cases, certain watches were being declared fake, then authentic, then fake again. It was kind of a train-wreck, and it had a lot of people talking.

So to wrap up, the PRC 200 has been the center of a little bit of controversy, and garnered some attention it would not have received had it not been for the fakes fiasco. It's a handsome chrono from a respectable Swiss maker, a mid-level brand in the Swatch family of marques. A nice watch, but certainly nothing particularly special.
    On the topic of the mass number of replica PRC200s, please buy your watch from an authorized dealer to guarantee authenticity. One of my friends owns a PRC200 that he bought off the street and the chrono seconds hand resets to the 8.
    "...[A] watch isn’t about telling the time, it is about your relationship with time. A watch is about style, a story and the history of both your watch and your own life."
    -Askmen.com's The Watch Snob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information