Why is WUS so sluggish at times?

Thread: Why is WUS so sluggish at times?

Why is WUS so sluggish at times?

I am new here, so please forgive my intrusive question........

I have noticed that WUS is often very slow and eventually my browser even times out with some message about the WUS server taking too long to respond.

Is anyone else having these issues or is it a local problem?

I might add that all other forums work fine here, including TZ, MWRF and several other car forums etc.

Hope someone can shed some light,

Kind regards,

Mark

lvt

Re: Why is WUS so sluggish at times?

It depends on several factors, forums server load, local Internet connection speed...

Sometimes the browser takes additional time to load images, flash... from another websites, which prolongs the loading time.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

This happens to me very rarely,I think all depends on few factors,as stated by lvt

igorfiume

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

It's because of your post count.

Omega Forum Moderator emmanuelgoldstein's Avatar

One of the largest factors in load time is dependent upon where you live. I am sure WUS is not using CDN so there is one server in some country hosting the site. If WUS was using CDN the load times would be the same for everyone. Also one of the biggest points of lag is from the CO to the end users residence. On second thought there are to many points to factor in.
    “Education is the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent”

-- John Maynard Keynes

I found that page load increased dramatically after I blocked the images of the watches in the banner. Once I stopped having to wait for them to load WUS became much better to use.
    Current Watches:
    Seiko 7T34-7A3W Chrono, Kienzle Automatic, Modded Orient Black Mako, Cyma Big Date 459.200 ST ST 03B, Seiko SBDC001 'Sumo'

yes. i don't see a need to mince words. (after all, i feel i contribute positively and i even donated! ) wus is one of the slowest large forums i visit. and by that i mean it has the most frequent occasions of sluggishness, including occasional outright time-outs. (edit: i'm on a semi-closed network 5 hops from amsterdam, incidentally. 50 pings to wus's host's first router vary between 191 and 542 ms delay with one dropped packet. of course any good admin will prioritize icmp pretty low, but i'm inclined to think the host is the bottleneck)
    Last edited by a-Tom-ic; March 1st, 2010 at 23:55.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Quote Originally Posted by a-Tom-ic View Post
    yes. i don't see a need to mince words. (after all, i feel i contribute positively and i even donated! ) wus is one of the slowest large forums i visit. and by that i mean it has the most frequent occasions of sluggishness, including occasional outright time-outs.
    I disagree. I'm not a regular here but I've coming here infrequently the last few months. I don't find this site slow at all and have never timed out. I'd guess there is a problem with you computer either with your ISP or your modem.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
    I disagree. I'm not a regular here but I've coming here infrequently the last few months. I don't find this site slow at all and have never timed out. I'd guess there is a problem with you computer either with your ISP or your modem.
    my minimum link is about 480 mbps to global crossing's point in amsterdam.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Thread Information