The wife stole the watch fund and all I got was...
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The wife stole the watch fund and all I got was...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I posted this in the Ball forum, but thought I'd share it here too.

I've had a business and personal relationship with BMW for a number of years and have been wanting a Ball watch as a dressier tritium option for the collection, so I was pretty excited when I saw this guy a few months ago, sporty, dressy and the logo is pretty understated.

As a small business owner, this year (our 4th) turned out to be our first real winner of a year, so I had the watch fund bulked up and was looking at a couple of watches in this price range when we were at a local jewelry story that sells Ball watches. I was paying for a gift for a family member while my wife was buying this behind my back because "it would go with the new car" :)

My likes on this guy are (in no particular order):

• Size, 43 mm is perfect for my 7.5 in wrist.
    • Case design-love the sides, back and crown
    • Super smooth wind, I have not played with the GMT yet so I have no idea how it works :)
    • Dial- not a huge fan of co-branding so I like how subdued the BMW logo is, and I love the layers and textures on the dial. I tried to capture that in the pictures below along with the domed crystal
    • Bracelet-can't really tell from the pictures but the middle links are curved in which gives the bracelet a great look and feel. the clasp is a nice secure butterfly
    • Innards-this is my first 2893 GMT so I have to play around with it but it is been very accurate so far (-6s in 3 days kinda thing). The Amortizer is cool too and I would wear this playing golf.
    • Lume- Love the orange, it is very clear to read at night compared to green or blue tritium for my eyes

Things I would change:

• Lume- Blue tritium at 12 looks out of place to me
    • Bracelet- a little picky on my hairy arms when I'm cold and it is a little loose. Also one of the links got "stuck" backwards and I had to force it loose again. That will be a long term concern.
    • Face-I don't really care for the hash marks on the chapter ring. I know they represent the dashboard markings, but they look weak to the naked eye
    • Case/Bracelet-top of the lugs are polished and the bracelet is brushed. between that and the way the link and lugs fit together it could be finished better.

Overall- This is a fantastic watch and about the only co-brander i ever saw that I would wear regularly. It is my nicest watch at this point and I can definitely tell the difference. I worry about wear to the bracelet and the raised crystal, but think overall both are great features. And while this was not the watch I was planning on getting, my wife did a fantastic job picking it out! She (and it) is a keeper!

now on to the pics (sorry about the fuzzies and shadows) Thanks for looking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RBrylawski, Mojo31, Doboji and 3 others like this.
    Dan

Not entirely sure what I'm collecting anymore....

NS-13

Re: The wife stole the watch fund and all I got was...

Congratulations. Your wife is a KEEPER for sure! Oh and so is the watch. Wear it in the best of health and happiness!
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Cool watch, but you're only telling half the story. Spill all the beans -what Bimmer are you pairing it with?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats! Nice watch. Sounds like your wife is truly a keeper. You and I are lucky, my wife surprised me with a nice new watch for Christmas too.

Quote Originally Posted by RBrylawski View Post
    Congratulations. Your wife is a KEEPER for sure! Oh and so is the watch. Wear it in the best of health and happiness!
    Thanks!
    Dan

NS-13

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo31 View Post
    Cool watch, but you're only telling half the story. Spill all the beans -what Bimmer are you pairing it with?
    Thanks...it is a 328 sport edition.
    Dan

NS-13

Quote Originally Posted by ElFuego View Post
    Congrats! Nice watch. Sounds like your wife is truly a keeper. You and I are lucky, my wife surprised me with a nice new watch for Christmas too.
    Thanks! What did ya get?
    Dan

NS-13

Quote Originally Posted by drickster View Post
    Thanks!
    Hey.....there's an ongoing thread about what watch you wear and what car you drive. It would be great if you added your watch and BMW to that thread!
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Quote Originally Posted by RBrylawski View Post
    Hey.....there's an ongoing thread about what watch you wear and what car you drive. It would be great if you added your watch and BMW to that thread!
    Taking it to the car wash now :)
    Dan

NS-13

Great watch and great car. Enjoy!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information