Wife's pocket watch necklace, from boutique shopping in Brooklyn please take a look
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By lysanderxiii
  • 2 Post By Perseus

Thread: Wife's pocket watch necklace, from boutique shopping in Brooklyn please take a look

Thumbs Up Wife's pocket watch necklace, from boutique shopping in Brooklyn please take a look

Actually, she bought this when we were still dating, so she's had it for about a year now. I know she got it from a shop in Brooklyn, like a boutique type place, for $12. I was impressed because it actually has a Swiss Made manual movement, instead of a chinese quartz with a spacer. This leads me to believe that it's a bit older.

She has lots of jewelry, and I haven't seen this in a while. So I dug it out last night and wound it up. I didn't make too much of a fuss in setting it, or timing it since, but know it's keeping respectable and accurate time.

The dial says "Chateau" "antimagnetic" "swiss made."
    The movement say "E.Gluck Trading Co" "1 Jewel Swiss Made unadjusted."
    The inside of the caseback says "E.Gluck trading co swiss made" "base metal"

I've seen some other Chateau brand watches, and am pretty sure they're American, but would be taking way too much of a shot in the dark to try and date the movement with any kind of certainty. I also wouldn't be surprised if the movement were taken from a different piece, and placed in this case, for a vintage look.

Either way, I think it's cool, and pretty nice quality. It's also got a good looking case to it as well. It'd be nice to find out any more about it, if anyone knows anything, and I showed her the movement tick when I had the case back off, which she thought was cool as well.

take care now
    Brian
    Name:  Photo0141.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  8.5 KBName:  Photo0142.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  9.2 KBName:  Photo0144.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  8.6 KBName:  Photo0145.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  8.2 KBName:  Photo0146.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  8.3 KB
    ..............Rolex
    Omega
    Breitling TAG Heuer
    Seiko Citizen G-Shock

N 32 deg, 47' 27.9168"; W 79 deg, 54' 30.3372"

Re: Wife's pocket watch necklace, from boutique shopping in Brooklyn please take a look

The movement is a Baumgardner 866, an inexpensive pin lever movement made up until the quartz wave killed Baumgardner in the mid to late 1980s.

They came in 1 to 17 jeweled versions.
    ancreanchor likes this.
    familiaritas parit contemptum; raritate admiratione wins.- Lucius Apuleius
    est necessry, accurate ad secundo? - Lysander magna
    iustum est horologium - Obscurus Genius

Re: Wife's pocket watch necklace, from boutique shopping in Brooklyn please take a look

Quote Originally Posted by lysanderxiii View Post
    The movement is a Baumgardner 866, an inexpensive pin lever movement made up until the quartz wave killed Baumgardner in the mid to late 1980s.

They came in 1 to 17 jeweled versions.
    Like a boss.
    CitizenM and geoffbot like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Pin levers are great. Love them. Should make quite a racket when wound up.

Thanks for the info, and it is nice and loud. I love watches, so of course the ticking is really neat. My wife sleeps like a rock, so she's indifferent to it. Not sure how old it can be, the case isn't a solid metal, and the finish, albeit a thick one, hasn't come off at all either.
    ..............Rolex
    Omega
    Breitling TAG Heuer
    Seiko Citizen G-Shock

Thread Information