Will Breitling go out of style?

Thread: Will Breitling go out of style?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Will Breitling go out of style?

What do you guys think of the Breitling superocean or steelfish in regards to the longevity of the style.

Omega seamasters seem to be classics and will never go out of style according to many. How come I never hear of the Breitling SO or steelfish being classics?

Do you guys think that the breitling superoceans or steelfish will ever go out of style? and that it will be a good watch if you could have one?

Re: Will Breitling go out of style?

Quote Originally Posted by rydude07 View Post
    How come I never hear of the Breitling SO or steelfish being classics?
    Probably because the styling of the steelfish hasnt been around for that long compared to other "styles"

What do you guys think of the Breitling superocean or steelfish in regards to the longevity of the style.
    I am a fan, and a proud owner!

Do you guys think that the breitling superoceans or steelfish will ever go out of style? and that it will be a good watch if you could have one?
    Again, I love my steelfish! but will it be in style in 25 years? who knows. worst case scenario you enjoy it until then, and then sell it and get the next latest and greatest!

The style has been around since 1984 (first appearing on the Chronomat of that year) so, well I think it's always in "style" especially if you like that style. If you see what I mean.
    Omega seamasters seem to be classics and will never go out of style according to many. How come I never hear of the Breitling SO or steelfish being classics?
    Probably because you are talking to Omega people, not dive-watch people :). The SuperO is a highly regarded watch, not as ubiquitous as the Seamaster. And the Steelfish is only a few years old yet . I guess it's not as popular because it's more expensive, even bigger and chunkier, with a fancier dial and a WR increase (2000m vs 1500m) that's irrelevance for almost everyone in reality.
    I think they are good watches even if you couldn't have one :)

Besides, if you like it why worry about going out of style? It's a watch to keep for a lifetime, not a fashion accessory.

FWIW people who actually use them under water like them because the bezel is extremely easy to turn with gloves on or with wet hands. Also the rider tabs give the crystal some extra protection.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A good question for the Breitling Forum.

dude, I've followed most of your posts about getting a new watch in the omega/breitling range. The only advice I can give is to buy what you want. You keep asking for other people's advice on whether X is better than Y, or if Z will "go out of style". Most of these watches are jewelry, and jewelry fashion changes over time. Even the classic Rolex Sub has undergone transformations in its 50 year history to stay modern. lancpain FF, Omega Speedmaster, etc., have all been made bigger to be more in-line with current trends. Te bottom line is the more complicated the look of the watch, the shorter its "life span" from a style/fashion perspective.

Having had a glimpse of your personality, you likely won't find that one perfect watch that will take you through your golden years. Your likes and dislikes change based on what others say. I'm not flaming you, but I just hope you understand what it is you're actually asking for. Similar to what alpine0000 said, it's not necessarily a bad thing that a watch goes "out of style" since it allows you to pick up another one and add to your collection

no...
    just get it...i wont regret it.

Like Corruptor, I've been following your posts, and agree with what he and others said, "Fashions change, your tastes change, everything changes over time" (pun intended). Get what appeals most to you, and don't worry too much what others think. If they're not WIS, they won't have a clue anyway. Learning to follow your instincts as opposed to following the pack comes with maturity. At least you're in the right place to learn. About watches, at least. LOL

Don't make me go Blackbelt on ya!
    Terry
    -------------------
    Breitling Navitimer 01 LE, Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish, Bathys Aquaculture black PVD, Seiko Sumo, Seiko Orange Monster, RXW MM20,
    RXW MM25, Chase-Durer conquest, Movado series 800 Diver, Movado Museum, Citizen Ecodrive chrono, Bulova Precisionist

Thanks guys. Sorry for all the dumb posts. I will have to go and just make a decision and be happy with it, and I will definitely let you know which one i get :)

You guys have been very helpful and I know i cant go wrong with either watch. Thanks again! :)

No need to be sorry, dude. To me, my watches all express my personality in some way. I've found that to be the case with most people on the forum as well. That's why so many WIS's say in an old-wiseman manner to get the watch that "speaks to you"

Dont try to think what you will like in a couple of years time, buy what you like now.
    Best regards

Dave.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information