Will HAGER succeed in becoming the first American watch manufacturer ?
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Will HAGER succeed in becoming the first American watch manufacturer ?

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Picture Will HAGER succeed in becoming the first American watch manufacturer ?

Name:  slide-1-638.jpg
Views: 3181
Size:  43.1 KB
    You all know RGM, maybe even read about Shinola in Detroit, but neither of these and other US based watch brands are regarded as 100% US made. Wouldn't that be a cool idea, to have USA Made instead of Swiss Made on the dial one day? I know there are some US citizens caring for the idea, and I quote:

I agree anything made in the states would get my first look
    I'm certainly in favor of any company bringing watch(or any other) manufacturing back stateside
    So here is HAGER, a brand that has already been discussed in our Watchuseek community, stepping up to take the challenge. And they need you to succeed.

HAGER started a crowd-funding campaign only recently at www.crowdfunder.com, and they would be happy to get you something in return for your support. Here's the official press release with an exclusive offer for all Watchuseek members:

On 26 December 2012, Hager Watches (pronounced Hah-Ger) launched its Made in America campaign in collaboration with Crowdfunder in an effort to promote the release of their new line of 42mm made watches with ceramic engraved bezels, Diamond Like Carbon coating and customized movements. Hager is a little watch company with big ambitions. Their goal is to raise enough money through Crowdfunder to become a real horological manufacture with their own in-house watches and movements in the United States.

Crowdfunder is a social network and business crowdfunding platform for entrepreneurs and investors to connect, crowdfund and grow. The company puts growth and fundraising tools in the hands of business owners and investors at all stages in the life cycle of a business. Startups and small businesses on Crowdfunder can raise funds through contribution-based crowdfunding, and soon through debt and equity-based crowdfunding. The company is based in Los Angeles, CA.

We are proud to announce that in support of Hager Watches initiatives we are able to offer exclusive Watchuseek 42mm models limited to 25 pieces to all our worldwide members and visitors!

We are happy to propose the following to all our members:

Hager Watches 42mm Swiss Made line (The Professional, the Traveler GMT and the Skymaster Chronograph) exclusive for Watchuseek:

• Custom Watchuseek logo on the dial
    • Special engraved Watchuseek caseback
    • Bracelet and rubber strap with removal tool
    • Custom Hager watch box

And here are the models available:

Name:  50d3daa48edc8.jpg
Views: 3074
Size:  16.9 KB
    THE PROFESSIONAL
    Specifications:
    Diameter: 42mm
    Height:14.5mm
    Length: 50.5mm lug to lug
    Lug width: 22mm
    Case: Stainless Steel
    Movement: Caliber HR 24 Swiss Made automatic finished in black ruthenium.
    Crystal: Sapphire Crystal
    Lume: Blue Super-Luminova
    WR: 200m/660ft

Name:  50ddd3e0a6dc6.jpg
Views: 2987
Size:  17.4 KB
    THE PROFESSIONAL STEALTH
    Specifications:
    Case: Stainless Steel DLC coated
    Movement: Caliber HR 24 Swiss Made automatic finished in black ruthenium.

Name:  50ddd4069801f.jpg
Views: 2956
Size:  18.6 KB
    THE GMT TRAVELER
    Specifications:
    Case: Stainless Steel
    Bezel: Ceramic
    Movement: Caliber HR 28 Swiss Made automatic finished in black ruthenium.

Name:  50ddd42109b36.jpg
Views: 2998
Size:  18.7 KB
    THE GMT TRAVELER STEALTH
    Specifications:
    Case: Stainless Steel DLC coated
    Movement: Caliber HR 28 Swiss Made automatic finished in black ruthenium.

Name:  50ddd5541716a.jpg
Views: 2949
Size:  20.3 KB
    THE SKYMASTER CHRONOGRAPH
    Specifications:
    Case: Stainless Steel or DLC coated
    Movement: (Valjoux) Modified ETA 7750

Hager’s new models can now be ordered online by Watchuseek enthusiasts worldwide!
    Payment by Amazon Payments. Accepted cards include:
    • Visa (including the Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card)
    • MasterCard/EuroCard
    • Discover Network
    • American Express
    • Diner's Club (U.S. billing addresses only)
    • JCB
    • NYCE
    • STAR
    • Visa, MasterCard, or American Express pre-paid credit or gift cards
    • Amazon Store Card

Shipment by FedEx from HAGER.

Please proceed to www.Crowdfunder.com to order.
    IMPORTANT: once you have ordered please make sure to reply to this thread to let us know that you’ve completed your purchase.

*Please note some countries may incur import duties that should be paid locally when watch arrives. Please check your local Customs Regulations.

www.HagerWatches.com
    Last edited by Ernie Romers; January 6th, 2013 at 14:34.
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Watchuseek.com

Re: Will HAGER succeed in becoming the first American watch manufacturer ?

Interesting. You probably should make this a sticky. Otherwise this forum will quickly swallow it

It is not clear to me how this works. You can buy a watch in their Swiss Collection (that they already make) via crowdfunder and they will do a WUS dial and caseback for the first 25 buyers who post information on the purchase here in this thread?
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

This sounds cool, but doesn't RGM already have an American made watch? I thought their 801 movements were done in-house, and housed in American-made cases.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Your thread title is a little misleading. There were once tons of American watch manufacturers, so Hager can't possibly become the first American watch manufacturer. But will they become the new American watch manufacturer and revive the industry here? I don't know...but the models pictured in your thread look pretty interesting. I like the sizes, and it's nice that they are using ETA movements. If they make it and introduce a more dressy watch, I would consider purchasing one from them (as long as Made in USA is written on the bottom of the dial)
    Last edited by American Eagle; January 7th, 2013 at 00:24.
    Hamilton Khaki King
    Hamilton Thin-O-Matic
    Omega Speedmaster
    Rado Diastar
    Seiko 007
    Seiko 5 Military
    Vostok Amphibia

Quote Originally Posted by LeverTime View Post
    This sounds cool, but doesn't RGM already have an American made watch? I thought their 801 movements were done in-house, and housed in American-made cases.
    X2 - too late. RGM is already the first American watch manufacturer of modern time.

Many thanks to Watchuseek and Mr. Romers for supporting us. Just to clear up some misconceptions but to be truly an all American watch 100 percent of the parts to include movement, case etc have to be made in America and 2. When we talk about manufacturing we mean mass manufacturing on the likes of Rolex where they produce approximately 600,000 watches a year. Most boutique brands make less than 1000 watches a year. We are already a boutique brand but we want to be bigger. Currently there are no American Made luxury watch manufacturers. Now's the time to step up and support a great cause. Compare our watches to others offering similar attributes and I think you'll agree you're getting way more. Wish I could write more but currently down in front of the old Hamilton factory in Lancaster filming. Best regards and thanks again.
    Last edited by Peter Covingtion; January 7th, 2013 at 02:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Covingtion View Post
    Many thanks to Watchuseek and Mr. Romers for supporting us. Just to clear up some misconceptions but to be truly an all American watch 100 percent of the parts to include movement, case etc have to be made in America and 2. When we talk about manufacturing we mean mass manufacturing on the likes of Rolex where they produce approximately 600,000 watches a year. Most boutique brands make less than 1000 watches a year. We are already a boutique brand but we want to be bigger. Currently there are no American Made luxury watch manufacturers. Now's the time to step up and support a great cause. Compare our watches to others offering similar attributes and I think you'll agree you're getting way more. Wish I could write more but currently down in front of the old Hamilton factory in Lancaster filming. Best regards and thanks again.
    Just to be clear: Your watches look nice, and the price seems reasonable.

The only thing I was questioning was RGM not being "100% American made." According to their website, both the case and movement are made in America. Are you saying RGM watches are not American, or that they don't count because they are a botique?

I probably sound like a RGM cheerleader, but I have no connection with them, and don't own any of their watches. I've just been following them because I'd love to buy an American made watch. Currently, they seem like the only (mechanical) option, but they're out of my price range. I'd definitely be interested in an American made Hager (or any other brand), if they were well made, but 2-3x lower than RGM.

The title is indeed... but i would assume that as typo error...
    Personally i think that a re-edit on the title will be more appropriate... like...
    "Will HAGER succeed in becoming AMERICA's first budget friendly watch manufacturer ?"

Will Hager succeed in becoming the first american watch maker? Well, several other large companies were in production and successful from the 19th century forward to the 20th century. So several other watch makers succeeded for decades in the business well before Hager. I have no idea who the first american watch maker was but it was likely a small shop on the east coast in the 18th century.

Maybe you mean Hager is the first american watchmaker to open and succeed in the 21st century????
    Last edited by John MS; January 7th, 2013 at 03:38.

Will HAGER succeed in becoming the first American watch manufacturer ?

Semantics aside, good luck to Pete andHager watches!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    bacari and fastward like this.
    Dan

Not entirely sure what I'm collecting anymore....

NS-13

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information