Will people notice this watch?
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Will people notice this watch?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Will people notice this watch?

Hey guys, just joined the forum. I'm a senior in high school and I am wondering if you think that my friends will take notice of this Gucci watch that I might purchase and wear (YouTube link)? It looks very simple because it's color is silver and I wear this silver metal band watch everyday, but I'm worried it might still be too noticeable. I don't want to be known as a ......... rich kid show-off. I was able to gain around $500 in stock money but most people my age won't really understand that. I've always loved watches and this will be my first 'over $100' purchase :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZnV4wtLpy8

Also, I'm buying the watch from this guy who seems to be selling a bunch of luxury watches for the cheapest prices on Ebay. I know his rating is very good, but you guys think I could possibly be buying a replica/fake?

This is him - eBay My World - jomashop
    Last edited by Spearmint; February 18th, 2013 at 07:06.

Re: Will people notice this watch?

IME, almost no one notices your watch.

Looks a bit blingy, so they might notice, depending on what you're wearing (also, if they're prone to look for/evaluate what accessories you're wearing).

What's most important, is that you like it.

Edit: Jomashop is a good seller.
    Last edited by bluloo; February 18th, 2013 at 07:17.

The seller is jomashop. Bid with confidence, they are %100 legit.
    I doubt anyone will notice your watch, %99.9 of people will not take a second look.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ah okay, thank you. It's good to hear that I'll safely be spending my money. And I figured most people don't notice watches. It's not like this is silver or diamond studded or anything like that

I graduated high school last year and I noticed almost everyone's watch. But I suppose that's only because I'm into watches!
    Current: Seiko 5 SNGZ71, Seiko SKX007, G-Shock G9000-1V

Grail: Omega SMP 300 or Planet Ocean Orange Bezel

Admitted Seiko fan!

If you want a nice watch, that could be noticed, opt for this. It is larger, 47mm without being gaudy. It is a kinetic, which has a cool rotor in the back. Nicer finishing, more respected brand when it comes to watches.

Seiko

Quote Originally Posted by Shepperdw View Post
    If you want a nice watch, that could be noticed, opt for this. It is larger, 47mm without being gaudy. It is a kinetic, which has a cool rotor in the back. Nicer finishing, more respected brand when it comes to watches.

Seiko
    That's a nice looking Seiko! But the Gucci watch is kind of more for fashion purposes. I'll be wearing it with like jeans/chinos/casual formal attire. When I earn enough money with the part time job I'm getting soon, I'm going to buy a G-Shock and that'll be more for when I wear sweats/t-shirts, most shorts, etc. I thought G-Shocks were overrated at first but those things are actually tough as balls!

Quote Originally Posted by Spearmint View Post
    That's a nice looking Seiko! But the Gucci watch is kind of more for fashion purposes. I'll be wearing it with like jeans/chinos/casual formal attire. When I earn enough money with the part time job I'm getting soon, I'm going to buy a G-Shock and that'll be more for when I wear sweats/t-shirts, most shorts, etc. I thought G-Shocks were overrated at first but those things are actually tough as balls!
    The Seiko is still more fashionable, sir. If you are looking for something to go under a cuff, then there is still much better, smaller options. One of my favorite cheapies is a Sottomarino Esploratore.

Attachment 976863

Orient Symphony for a black leather strap

Attachment 976864

Seiko SGF204 for something different

Attachment 976865

Tissot PRC200 for something sporty, and dressy

Attachment 976866

you can pull off larger watches for dressy casual

Attachment 976868

If you want something that nobody else will probably have, try an Egard.

Attachment 976869

If you want something with a retro look, try a M187s

Attachment 976870

Attachment 976872

This one is thin enough to go under a cuff, but still larger. Cross between dress and casual (although very casual picture taken).
    Attachment 976874

Sir, there is much better options than the Gucci for the said price (750), that will probably get you more compliments. I think most of mine were under 200, actually. I consider the Certina DS1 to be very versatile as well, although I don't own it. See, you have options :). BTW, I like my fashion too. Typically speaking though, companies that specialize in something make the best of it. Watchmakers make the best watches, true fragrance houses make the best fragrances, leather companies make the best wallets. Fact of life :P.
    Last edited by Shepperdw; February 18th, 2013 at 08:19.

I had to look up what a BST forum was so you're already ahead of me...I probably could use a few stock tips too...it's a nice looking watch - a little blingy but moderately sized. If you're a Green Bay Packers fan then you absolutely have to buy it. If not, $500 buys some pretty nice stuff (some really nice stuff pre-owned) so why not take a few weeks aend check out some of the forums on this site. Watchbreath's bound to bring up at least one brand that's made in outer space and if you haven't heard the names Visiodate, Spirit and Jazzmaster before don't worry, you soon will. I tried to think of some sleeker examples - Certina comes to mind but the DS1 and DS First are about $100 over your budget.

Here's one. If you're open to wearing a bigger watch, Joma has this 42mm Frederique Worldtimer on sale for just $500:

Attachment 976889

In one fell swoop you can go from blingy to worldly and I'm pretty sure you'd be the only student in your school wearing something like this. It's a lot of horology for the buck!
    Last edited by ljb187; February 18th, 2013 at 08:53.
    Igorek likes this.

Unless you wear something quite unique, most people will not notice your watch. Even if you do wear something quite unique, most people will not notice it (just a select few will). You are best of trying to impress yourself.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information