Wind Up Watch Fair SF 2019
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Wind Up Watch Fair SF 2019

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wind Up Watch Fair SF 2019

Hello Forum Members,

I just wanted to thank Worn & Wound and all the companies who participated in the fair. It was fantastic! Thank you for all your hard work!

I would highly recommend this event to anyone who is a watch geek in the SF Bay Area.

I only had about an hour, so I did not have tine to take pictures.

Seeing these brands in person is what it is all about.

The vendors were gracious and knowledgable!

Damasko and Laco had wonderful displays. Monta was terrific. Everyone was terrific!

Halios was amazing! Really cool micro brand.

I tried to post in Watch Fairs, but I couldn't post in that section.

Anyway stop by if you have time!

Shot out to my fellow Native San Franciscans!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Wind Up Watch Fair SF 2019

Got the email today, looks like a fantastic meet and greet.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Any thoughts on the Damasko DS30 WindUp Edition ?
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I thought it was very well executed. The Damasko guys were very excited to point it out to me. The Damasko guys had gtreat energy! They really love their company / product!
    Ted Rzad likes this.

It was great to meet Christoph at Damasko. I wish I caught the name of the other gent at the table. He recognized my recent order, a modified DC 80, even remembering the connection of the hand colors to my favorite baseball team. Then he explained that they timed it very carefully which is why the order took longer than expected. Judging by the results of its excellent timekeeping, I believe it.
    I think I expected a certain level of arrogance from the representatives there. I was completely mistaken for assuming that. Every (emphasis: EVERY) presenter there was friendly and enthusiastic about their product. No surprise I guess, when you consider they are there to boost interest in and sales of their wares.
    I hope the energy carries through to the end of the show. It was a fun place to be!
    41Mets, Tanjecterly and Ted Rzad like this.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Sergiu.
    SeaMonster likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by Time Exposure View Post
    It was great to meet Christoph at Damasko. I wish I caught the name of the other gent at the table. He recognized my recent order, a modified DC 80, even remembering the connection of the hand colors to my favorite baseball team. Then he explained that they timed it very carefully which is why the order took longer than expected. Judging by the results of its excellent timekeeping, I believe it.
    I think I expected a certain level of arrogance from the representatives there. I was completely mistaken for assuming that. Every (emphasis: EVERY) presenter there was friendly and enthusiastic about their product. No surprise I guess, when you consider they are there to boost interest in and sales of their wares.
    I hope the energy carries through to the end of the show. It was a fun place to be!
    They weren't at the New York one... At least when I was there.

There's something really nice and unique about owning a product that you spend a lot of money on and being able to interact with the people who own and oversee that product. While I don't own a damasko anymore, a recent purchase is from a very small company and every interaction I've had has been with one of the two owners. I mean how cool is that? For one thing, it shows that they take pride in their product and that they believe in it. When I had a question about an issue that I caused with the watch, he asked for my phone number and gave me a call like it was no big deal.

If they are willing to be out front dealing with the customers, then they are confident that what they have to offer is of value.

Glad you had the opportunity to meet a Damasko and have it back up the experience you're having with your watch!

Let's Go Mets!
    Time Exposure and SeaMonster like this.
    Glashütte Senator Sixties Panodate Green
    Rolex Milgauss Z Blue
    Triton Subphotique blue
    Sinn U1 T
    Casio G-Shock full metal steel

Just went today and had a great time. I got to try on some stuff I'd only seen pictures of, and of course there were plenty of new offerings. I especially liked the Veros, Farer, and Halios pieces in person. There was great stuff from all the vendors though, so if you have a chance to attend it's well worth it.

Apparently the Farer Beagle is getting a bit of a facelift, to be released in a couple months.

One table combined two of my interests, watches and scale models, with this neat model of an old Hamilton movement:

Ted Rzad likes this.

I just got back from the show, and had a good time.

My takeaways from the show:

- The new Halios Universa case design is FANTASTIC. Man, it felt and looked so damn slim on the wrist. Unfortunately, I will not be buying one because I think the dial design is severely lacking. The indices make it look like a generic Seiko mod dial. Bummer.

- The guys at Halios must be delusional. I asked them if the new models will be as hard to get as the Seaforth releases, and they said no. I said, how so? They say, it'll have the same level of stock as the previous releases. I say: so, sold out in 1 minute? They say, weellll more like 2 min. Ok, I get wanting to make your watches exclusive. But just go ahead and tell me that, or tell me you don't have the manpower to make more; don't give me some weird explanation that you don't want to be stuck with unsold watches. Are you blind?! The watches sell like hot cakes. Just make more.

- The Oris 36mm big crown is really small on wrist. Glad I never bought one.

- Everest booth felt snooty.

- Bravur once again, was the best man to talk to. Genuine and sincere with a passion that shows. I wish I could fit one of his watches in my collection.
    Ted Rzad likes this.

Missed this as I am currently traveling for work, but had a great time last year. Really wanted to go to see Damasko (they weren't there last year) but hopefully next year...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information