Winding a ETA 2836-2

Thread: Winding a ETA 2836-2

Winding a ETA 2836-2

hello all, i just received a mkii seafighter and i was wondering how the ETA 2836-2 movement is wound on a winder, clockwise or counter clockwise? i could set the winder to alternate rotations but i would rather set it to wind in the correct direction.

thanks for any input

Re: Winding a ETA 2836-2

Anybody can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, but these are bi-directional wound, the rotor no matter which way it swings, will wind the watch. So I believe you can set it either way and consider it done. Again, I could be wrong here, but the only watches I know of that are uni-direction winding are some of the lower-ended Seikos, Citizens & Orients. Perhaps the Claro Semag CL888...

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by babalou View Post
    hello all, i just received a mkii seafighter and i was wondering how the ETA 2836-2 movement is wound on a winder, clockwise or counter clockwise? i could set the winder to alternate rotations but i would rather set it to wind in the correct direction.

thanks for any input
    Both directions, 650 turns per day (see Orbita Watch Database)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Down where people say "How's it goin'" and wait for an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond 'The Box' View Post
    Again, I could be wrong here, but the only watches I know of that are uni-direction winding are some of the lower-ended Seikos, Citizens & Orients. Perhaps the Claro Semag CL888...
    And the ETA/VAL7750 of course.
    | HKED Bund| Casio Riseman |1940's Bulova Tank | Orient Black Mako | Helm Vanuatu v2 | 60's Benrus Auto |
    I got out of watches for a long time, but I'm coming back!

N 32 deg, 47' 27.9168"; W 79 deg, 54' 30.3372"

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond 'The Box' View Post
    Anybody can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, but these are bi-directional wound, the rotor no matter which way it swings, will wind the watch. So I believe you can set it either way and consider it done. Again, I could be wrong here, but the only watches I know of that are uni-direction winding are some of the lower-ended Seikos, Citizens & Orients. Perhaps the Claro Semag CL888...
    And the ETA 2000-1, ETA 2004-1, ETA 2094, the ETA A07 series, ETA 7751, ETA 7753, Lemania 5100, a few of the AS movements...
    Last edited by lysanderxiii; January 10th, 2009 at 18:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleh View Post
    And the ETA/VAL7750 of course.
    That's right, I never buy chronographs thus I don't ever consider them in my thought processes, so I completely overlooked several watches, a few from the Valjoux 775X series. In either case, the one in question can be wound both ways.

thanks everyone, you have been very helpful.

Thread Information