WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Wire transfer - which info to give?

442 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Kal El 
#1 ·
Sorry if this question has been asked a million times before. I'm quite new to the watch transaction game.

Anyway, I'm about to sell one of my watches and the agreed payment method is bank transfer. Which info should I give to the buyer? Will IBAN and BIC be sufficient?

Many thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Hi Kal El,

best place to check is with your bank - I'm sure they have the information posted on their website,

for my bank (Royal Bank, Canada), for me to receive wire transfer, typically I need to provide the following information,
- My complete name and address
- My transit number
- account number
- bank name
- bank branch address and telephone number
- SWIFT BIC

if the sender's bank is from a different country there may be a couple more requirement

#3 ·
I have the information saved so I can copy and past the same to all my buyers.
Name of Bank
Our company name
our account number
ABA or Swift code
Branch address and phone number
Our address and phone number
My first and past name

The above suffices all banks.
One thing I started doing is asking the buyer to PayPal only the shipping charges to our PayPal account.
This is a non refundable deposit. The reason being that there are individuals who will obtain all your information
and do not complete the deal. This way I know if they are serious and it also let's them see that we have over 15 years
on PayPal and many transactions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.