WIS app development advice/recommendations
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: WIS app development advice/recommendations

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WIS app development advice/recommendations

Hi WUS!

I've been a WUS member for a little over a year, and have thoroughly enjoyed reading some of the topics. I particularly like the WRUW threads and although I don't post everyday, I do enjoy viewing the various pictures posted by all the members on a daily basis!

Anyway, I have been into watches for well over 10 years and have aquired and flipped over a hundred watches and I've realised that keeping a track of them can be a pain which most members with large collections or frequent acquisitions will relate to. I have searched, albeit with no success a mobile app which could make the task of maintaining a watch collection simpler, which led me to try and develop an app that somehow caters for me and other watch enthusiasts alike.

I have worked hard on designing the app and it's layout and it is now in the first stage of development (should have a working version in the next 4 weeks)

Now that the project is well off the ground, I would like to ask WUS members for any advice to further improve the app or recommendations for what you would like/change about it.

Any and all helpful tips are more than appreciated and I thank you in advance for your thoughts and time

One particular part I am confused about is the name of the app so any recommendations would be duly considered

The info below should give you a good idea of what the app will contain so far.

Sections within the app in tab format will include

My collection
    My wish list
    Gallery
    Search function
    Share function (Facebook & Instagram)

The my collection section can be viewed as a list or grid view which will will include a picture and title for your watch/watches

When selected this will open the page for that particular watch in your collection and will contain the following info which you can fill in accordingly

Category (casual, diver, dress, smart, sports, formal)

Brand
    Model
    Reference
    DOP (date of purchase)
    Condition (new, used, vintage)
    Price
    Service date
    Accuracy
    Notes

Gallery (upto 10 pictures)

The my wish list section will again have a similar layout but with sections added for typical selling prices as well as sources where the watch is available

The gallery section will be available for all the pictures of your watches and will be able to share via Facebook or Instagram etc

The search feature(for people with bigger collections) will allow you to quickly search for specific models etc

So what do you guys think so far? Is this an app that you would find useful and use?

Please let me know what you think
    kak1154 and Armchair like this.

Based in South east asia, travelling between

Re: WIS app development advice/recommendations

Good idea!
    W.A.S. Watch Acquisition Syndrome Patient.

Thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You

I would like each watch page to have a table with all of it's sizing information (thickness, diameter with and without crown, lug width, etc.). I often find conflicting information or none at all about these things when searching.

Good luck with the app!

This is outside the realm of your current app, but I'd like to have an app that reads a time signal via internet or some standard, displays it large, and (here's what I can't find) has a 5 secon​d audible countdown like the time signal on the radio. That way I can focus visually on my watch while listening to the 5 second countdown and accurately synch my watches.

Seems like it would be easy to do, but also not something that many people would need, outside of the WIS community.

I would definitely be interested in this. It's something that has been discussed a few times before, but has yet to be made a reality.

As for the name, it may be a good idea to keep it generic, in case you want to make different versions/skins for different types of collections. Something like Collection Tracker, but more clever, hehe.
    @watchalefty on Instagram

Glashutte Original PanomaticLunar, H. Moser & Cie Pioneer, Zenith Captain Winsor, Breitling Navitimer
    , Zenith 36'000 VPH, Habring2 Foudroyante, IWC Ingenieur 3239, Nomos Metro 38, Omega Planet Ocean

Great idea! Want to sign up as beta tester;)

Quote Originally Posted by kak1154 View Post
    I would definitely be interested in this. It's something that has been discussed a few times before, but has yet to be made a reality.

As for the name, it may be a good idea to keep it generic, in case you want to make different versions/skins for different types of collections. Something like Collection Tracker, but more clever, hehe.
    Hopefully it can become a reality soon.

I like your idea about different versions, that's something to think about.

Name wise so far I'm thinking watch keeper, but still haven't decided fully

Quote Originally Posted by saxoo View Post
    Great idea! Want to sign up as beta tester;)
    Thanks. I'll keep that in mind

How about "The Watch Box"? It is basically a digital representation of one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    saxoo likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information