73. There must be at least one thread at any given time, in each of the major non quartz forums, requesting information on watch winders.
These threads must contain one of the following:
1) are they really necessary
2) what is the best brand to buy for less than $100 from ebay that will remain totally silent and last 10yrs.
3) how many TPD is needed for X watch to keep it wound
Followed by the ever popular...use the search function ( always a helpful response ) or the great debate of whether or not keeping a watch wound will wear it out faster.
Last edited by Chronohound; November 12th, 2009 at 08:34.
In the Box:
Vintage Patek Phillippe Vintage Concord Vintage Omega Vintage Movado Sub-Sea Kingmatic
Rolex SS Submariner Date Omega SMP Bond Black Tag Heuer 2000 Series CE1120
Ball Engineer Master II Classic BE Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Titanium "Mad Cow"
Ball Fireman Storm Chaser Pro Ball BMW Classic BK Ball Engineer III Legend
Rado Ceramica Multifunction Rado Sintra Jubile' Movado Eliro Accutron VX200
Bathys 100 Fathoms Oceanus 5 Motor OCW-600 Citizen Skyhawk Titanuim
Dievas Divergraph Pro Blue Seiko Orange,Black"Monster" Purple "Night Monster"
Orient Orange,Yellow,Blue,Black"Mako" Orient Power Reserve CEX0R001W
Swiss Legend Atlantis 1000m Sector 200 Pulsar PF3 Series Chrono Fossil Chrono CH-2464
Theorema "Monte Carlo" Skeleton Alpha Omega "Bond" Homage
Casio G-Shock DW5600C Rare Japan V case back
....and still growing with a lot of Ball's
In any thread where someone asks what watch to buy regardless of style or price range a seiko must be suggested, bonus points if it's a seiko 5 or a monster.
Buran Siberia (x2 black and white), Aviator Chrono II (poljot31681), Ferrari Jumbo Pit Crew,Alpha Jump Hour, MZI Skeleton, MKII Stingray,Elgin 18s,Agat stopwatch, Sturmanskie Sputnik,Raketa Pilot, Poljot Traveller,Tscheljabinsk military clock, Kirovskie Crab, Vostok Amphibia (tank dial), 3133 Strela replica, Alpha Jumphour Tank,Denissov Barracuda 31681,Laco B-Uhr type B, Stowa Antea KS
No. (where ever the heck we're at)
Because pictures are essential, when telling the person who just posted 20+ pictures of his new watch, 'hey nice watch man!' - it is required you copy and repost all 20 + pictures becaue we all want to see them again, and again, and again...
ROFL!!! Caraptor carried the thread.
**When posting in the affordables section it's against the rules to post anything >$200. If you post a pic of a Planet Ocean in the affordables section WRUW thread prepare to receive PM's about why it's not affordable even though the word "affordable" is subjective.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor souls who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat " - Theodore Roosevelt
WIS: We practice what we preach!!!
Last edited by jason_recliner; November 13th, 2009 at 01:41.
This thread is great! Now go buy an Omega Speedmaster, followed by an Orange Monster, just do not buy a Tag! That about sums it up.
Better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done...
77. There shall be no 77th rule.
78. If you find that you are unsure how to respond to a post, please feel free to choose from the following stock answers.
- Speedy Pro
- Buy it
- Buy both
- Buy all of them
- I just ask Jessica Alba what time it is
- I think it will be fine on your 6.5 inch wrist
- I wear whatever I want.
- A grail isn't a grail if you can afford to buy it.
- Check out DougFNJ's Youtube Review
- Check out MINIDriver's Youtube Review
- There's one on the sales forum
- Yes, that's a fake.
- That strap looks awesome
- Congrats man
- Citizen Calibre 2100
- We've already done this (insert link)
- Try a search on (insert seach item)
- There is no button mute on that one
- I first became intersted in watches when (choose one- (a) My dad gave me one; (b) My grandfather gave me one; (c) I stole one; (d) My mom's boyfriend gave me one so we'd be good pals.)
- Swatch Group
- Nice collection
- Where are the pics?
- Forgive me, I'm a newb
- El bumpo
- Good one, Mate (geographical restrictions apply)
- If everyone could please stop asking these kinds of questions, that would be great.
- I love unboxing pics
- Good stealth job
- I say dye it.
- Welcome to the (fill in the blank) club!
- Yes, they're a reputable seller
- They're crooks
- Sorry to hear that
- Would you consider a trade?
- PM sent (requires sending of PM)
- This thread is going to be closed if we're not careful.
- Oh, really? What Seal team are you with?
- Per the rules, no pictures of weapons.
Last edited by Caraptor; November 13th, 2009 at 15:12.
The man who buys a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people and the man who avoids a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people are brothers.
Hmmm. Actually, maybe there should be a No-Canned Answers forum on here. We can use that list of yours as the ground rules. No doubt about it, you just killed it with that list...
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)