WIS Handbook?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: WIS Handbook?

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

WIS Handbook?

Okay, so I got to thinking about what the WIS/WUS handbook would be like if one existed.

Chapter 1
    Basic Rules.

1. Tag Heuer never wins a poll. Should a member feel the need to express the desire to own one, he or she may be subject to ridicule and be ostracized.

2. Omega wins all polls. Should Omega not be mentioned as a selectable option, it is highly suggested that you still recommend the polling member purchase an Omega, preferably a Speedmaster with hesalite crystal to add extra character and a certain warmess to the dial.

3. Only praise Rolex in the Rolex Forum. Praise in any other forum is strictly prohibited. Please note that Rolex bashing is permitted in the forum of your choosing.

4. If a member should feel the need to mention an occupation which requires physical activity, please recommend that they buy a G-Shock. When said member expresses his or her dislike for digital watches, please post a picture of one of the many analog dialed versions.

5. If your mechanical watch is less than five seconds fast or slow per day, please mention it as much as possible to make other members feel bad about themselves.

6. Ball watches do not have transferable warranties. Creating a new thread to voice your anger is not only fashionable, but highly recommended.

Thats my contribution... Please feel free to add your own rules and/or chapters

Re: WIS Handbook?

Wow, your good! I have to laugh at how many times I've noted rules 1-4 in effect.

Quote Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
    Okay, so I got to thinking about what the WIS/WUS handbook would be like if one existed.

Chapter 1
    Basic Rules.

1. Tag Heuer never wins a poll. Should a member feel the need to express the desire to own one, he or she may be subject to ridicule and be ostracized.

2. Omega wins all polls. Should Omega not be mentioned as a selectable option, it is highly suggested that you still recommend the polling member purchase an Omega, preferably a Speedmaster with hesalite crystal to add extra character and a certain warmess to the dial.

3. Only praise Rolex in the Rolex Forum. Praise in any other forum is strictly prohibited. Please note that Rolex bashing is permitted in the forum of your choosing.

4. If a member should feel the need to mention an occupation which requires physical activity, please recommend that they buy a G-Shock. When said member expresses his or her dislike for digital watches, please post a picture of one of the many analog dialed versions.

5. If your mechanical watch is less than five seconds fast or slow per day, please mention it as much as possible to make other members feel bad about themselves.

6. Ball watches do not have transferable warranties. Creating a new thread to voice your anger is not only fashionable, but highly recommended.

Thats my contribution... Please feel free to add your own rules and/or chapters
    Very funny!

I'll add...

7. If a member is looking for an new automatic watch, please suggest a Seiko Monster since everyone knows that it is the best watch ever made under $300.
    matt

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

nice thread!

8. Seiko should win all polls!
    --AC

Banned

Banned

9: Never ever mention a watch with less WR than 1000m on the Dive Forum.

Rule 10:
    If you have no knowledge of how your watch works you must post at least one question a day until you become a full fledged WIS.

True story.
    I had a lady ask if I could fix her watch.She said she has been winding it and winding it and it just wont work.She stated she wound it religously every morning at the same time for the past 5 years,but now it wont work.
    I took it to my workbench,removed the back,replaced the battery,handed it back to the customer and said "That will be "X" $,and I'll see you in another 5 years".

Ive also had customers with mechanical watches ask if I could replace the battery because their watch wasnt working.

Like John Wayne once said "Life is hard,even harder if your stupid."

11. Always have room for a Timex in the collection, but never mention it.

12. Best bang-for-buck is Seiko, but just for a beater. Even if you feel your Seiko is the best, don't dare say it is anything but a beater.

cool thread...
    Last edited by hack99; September 4th, 2009 at 00:42. Reason: #'s

Spot On!!!!

13. Friends don't let friends buy quartz
    alexlobov likes this.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information