WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

A WIS In Need

2K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  jc-shock 
#1 · (Edited)
Good people of WUS,

Long time lurker, first time poster, I will leave the intruductions for later as I am now in dire need of your assistance and expertise.

My lovely tease of a wife is currently on vacation in Paris and has just informed me that she has bought me a watch. While i had suggested a visit to 63 rue du Faubourg St Honoré and mentioned a certain bleu chronométer, I'm certain she did not buy a Journe and, honestly, I just did not expect her to go and pull the trigger on a watch without consulting me.

The problem is she outright refuses to tell me what the watch is, and i really dislike surprises. This is where you come in - if at all possible i would like you to help me discern the watch in question, though we have very little to go on, namely 2 facts and 2 pics.

The facts: she has stated the watch is not expensive and has indicated that the watch is a used one, possibly vintage, perhaps even a pocket watch (or formerly a pocket watch), and in all likelihood came without a strap.

The pics: one from the dial, one from the back.

Text Font Yellow Green Brand

I don't recall ever seeing something like the above. And that "Made in Switzerland" just looks strange to me.

Sky Metal

The last pic really bugs me as i can't tell the quality of the movement and if there is even any finishing.

That is all the information we have. I truly hope it will be enough as she doesn't return until thursday and I seriously doubt whether I'll be able to sleep before I find out what it is. So thanks in advance to all who share their wisdom with a fellow WIS in need.

Good luck and Godspeed.

See less See more
#17 ·
Well god damn Crunchy! Hats off to you and my undying gratitude for saving me from the dispirited category alx007 was so keen to subject me to :)

I'll chalk this one up as further proof that surprises, in matters of horology as well as others, are not a good thing. That said, being a truly inexpensive trinket, i find this to be a rather cute attempt, and as they say - it's the thought counts :)

Thanks once more to Crunchy and all those who made my first posting on WUS a pleasant and rewarding experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.