Women's watches with 24 hour markers, sapphire crystal, and below $300

Thread: Women's watches with 24 hour markers, sapphire crystal, and below $300

Women's watches with 24 hour markers, sapphire crystal, and below $300

I've been searching for a watch to buy my wife as a Christmas present this year. She works in a hospital and operates off "military time" while at work. I'd like to get her something nicer to wear than the little timex digital she's wearing now. I want it to have a sapphire crystal as well, and preferably Swiss. The Victorinox 241456 (pictured below) is the best I've been able to find in my price range (below $300) so far. Does anyone know of any other models (either Victorinox or otherwise) that have the 24 hour markers? I love to find something that had a different colored face. The black with stainless numbers is nice, but I'm a little iffy on whether that works as a feminine looking watch. I know Victorinox has other models with a silver face, but the numbers are also stainless and aren't very easy to read quickly. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Name:  71VvPHH14jL.jpg
Views: 2854
Size:  114.7 KB

Re: Women's watches with 24 hour markers, sapphire crystal, and below $300

By 24 hour markers, do you mean you're looking for a GMT watch, or just an ordinary analog watch in military time?

Name:  RMEX202-face.jpg
Views: 2283
Size:  193.8 KB

I know it's above $300, I'm just using this to see if this is what you mean. A third hard points to GMT or a second time zone, and it has 24 hour markers on the bezel (can also be on the dial).
    Last edited by CitizenM; December 5th, 2011 at 06:57.

I don't want to complicate things for her with a GMT hand (although I like them for myself). For her, I just want something that makes it very easy for her to tell what time it is, whether she wants to use AM/PM or military time. (I'm probably not using the correct terminology for 12hr/24hr, so please excuse my lack of knowledge here)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Check out the 34mm Hamilton Khaki Officer line...really nice, and has the military time markings. On JomaShop I think you can get them for about $350...

That VSA may be too small to be practical for a nurse. The rubber strap version of the Base Camp in 32mm is in your price range. There's a metal bracelet version that is over $300. The silver-face version of this on a bracelet is on my wish list. Go see them in person to see how easy they are to read.

Name:  black base camp.jpg
Views: 1511
Size:  22.2 KB

But really, for what she needs at work, something a lot less expensive may be better. She'll want it very readable and easy to replace if it breaks. Her Timex digital may be ideal for her job. She doesn't have to read tiny numbers to make use of its 24-hour capability. But truthfully, she probably doesn't need help converting to 24-hour time. And scrubs are pretty darned casual.

Get her a nicer watch for off-hours if you want, but you may find that she continues to wear her cheapie Timex to work.
    Last edited by neurogenesis; December 5th, 2011 at 18:57.

Great points. She's actually not a nurse, she's a pharmacist that works with the docs. So she isn't in scrubs, just wears normal business attire to work each day, so I thought a slightly nicer looking watch might suit her well. I was looking at one VSA that's 28mm and one that's 32mm. Haven't decided which size to get yet, but just don't want to go too big for her wrist (she's 5'4" and has small wrists).

The VSA Summit XLT might be worth a look. Got one for my wife from ebay for $35, but it does have a mineral crystal.

09.ducati - The Summit XLT is another model I've been looking at for her. Not a bad looking watch. The product listing on Amazon says it does have a sapphire crystal though: Amazon.com: Victorinox Swiss Army Women's 241368 Summit XLT Black Dial Watch: Victorinox Swiss Army: Watches

I paid $60 each for these. The red one is 30mm and still available on Amazon (from marketplace sellers) for $80. You might find it for $60 on ebay. It doesn't have 24-hour numbering but as I said I doubt your wife still needs help with that. The black one is 34mm and is harder to find. I got it on ebay. I doubt either has sapphire.

Name:  swiss-army.jpg
Views: 2374
Size:  97.9 KB

The online description I found for this one (V24707, 32mm) says it has a sapphire crystal. It sells for $250. The previous version of this, which looks identical but is badged "Swiss Army" instead of "Victorinox Swiss Army" sells for less than half that, if you can find one. I don't know if it has sapphire.

Name:  V24707_1.jpg
Views: 1816
Size:  240.6 KB

Thread Information