A WORD OF WARNING TO ANYONE THINKING OF BUYING FROM JURA WATCHES
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: A WORD OF WARNING TO ANYONE THINKING OF BUYING FROM JURA WATCHES

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry A WORD OF WARNING TO ANYONE THINKING OF BUYING FROM JURA WATCHES

A Sorry Tale About Sinn and Jura Watches Customer Service

In December 2014 I decided to treat myself to a new Sinn 104 St Sa in December 2014, It arrived on the 24th December. I returned it to the dealer on the 15th January 2015 as the watch was losing over 30 seconds per day. I had various promises fro C W Sellors (Jura Watches) about the return of the watch, none of which were kept. It is now almost 3 months since I returned a brand new Sinn from a Sinn authorised dealer and I just received it back on Thursday 2nd April. I think both Sellors and Sinn have provided very poor service I will never buy from Sellors again and it's highly unlikely I will ever buy another Sinn product. I am extremely disappointed with such poor service.

Re: A WORD OF WARNING TO ANYONE THINKING OF BUYING FROM JURA WATCHES

Did they explain why there was a delay? I have bought 3 watches from Jury with no issues, albeit not had to send one back. I don't think you should tar the whole company, well both actually, because of a single incident. And also, is -30 sec not about normal for a mechanical watch unless they are promising some other accuracy?
    JR

Quote Originally Posted by stonehead887 View Post
    Did they explain why there was a delay? I have bought 3 watches from Jury with no issues, albeit not had to send one back. I don't think you should tar the whole company, well both actually, because of a single incident. And also, is -30 sec not about normal for a mechanical watch unless they are promising some other accuracy?
    I have had great service from Sinn when I had an issue with my U2 and UX last year, they were responsive and handled my complaint professionally. No idea about Jura watches, but did OP receive any kind of update from Jura or Sinn throughout the long wait? Did OP attempt to contact either company?

But 30s per day is way out. Sinn uses top grade movements and they should run within +10s per day.

sent using a flying carpet
    I want to be a ONE watch guy!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I bought my Ball Fireman Racer from C W Sellors and found them very good, I ordered it on the Friday and was there by the Saturday morning..

im very happy with the watch and would buy from them again but how they treated you sounds like very bad service, did they explain why they took so long to get your watch back to you?

+1

I've personally had only good or great service from Sinn directly, and have been very satisfied with products. This case doesn't sound good, but wonder what's the whole story behind the incident. Wouldn't put me totally off from Sinn watches though.

Quote Originally Posted by balzebub View Post
    I have had great service from Sinn when I had an issue with my U2 and UX last year, they were responsive and handled my complaint professionally.
    Cheers, M

"Both feet on the floor, two hands on the wheel, may the wind take your troubles away."

- Son Volt -

Quote Originally Posted by stonehead887 View Post
    If it was a single incident I'd agree, but on several occasions I had to chase to remind them that they had the watch. There was no information offered ever unless I asked for it. The reasons given were unsatisfactory:- sent by RM to Germany but mysteriously not delivered and sent back to Jura, re despatched via TNT after 2 months on the promise of a 2 week turnaround that took nearly 5 weeks, Customer Service guy didn't follow up because he was on annual leave (twice). I'm not 'tarring' anything or anyone, feel free to make your own minds up based on my experience. I feel that the blame is 90% Jura but Sinn's quality checks prior to despatch were obviously inadequate.
    P.S. if you feel -30seconds (actually my Sinn was nearer a minute but I was being conservative) is OK for a mechanical watch your watch needs a service. Most of my Seikos run at about + 10-15 seconds, my Grand Seiko runs at + 4 seconds!

Quote Originally Posted by simmobb2 View Post
    If it was a single incident I'd agree, but on several occasions I had to chase to remind them that they had the watch. There was no information offered ever unless I asked for it. The reasons given were unsatisfactory:- sent by RM to Germany but mysteriously not delivered and sent back to Jura, re despatched via TNT after 2 months on the promise of a 2 week turnaround that took nearly 5 weeks, Customer Service guy didn't follow up because he was on annual leave (twice). I'm not 'tarring' anything or anyone, feel free to make your own minds up based on my experience. I feel that the blame is 90% Jura but Sinn's quality checks prior to despatch were obviously inadequate.
    P.S. if you feel -30seconds (actually my Sinn was nearer a minute but I was being conservative) is OK for a mechanical watch your watch needs a service. Most of my Seikos run at about + 10-15 seconds, my Grand Seiko runs at + 4 seconds!
    -30s as I mentioned is out of spec for a sinn since it's a top grade movement. In this case I believe it is the AD you purchased from that dropped the ball? Hope your watch is in good working order now.

sent using a flying carpet
    I want to be a ONE watch guy!!

@simmobb2, fair enough if the comms have been rubbish, at least you need to be kept up to speed with things.
    I knew I would leave myself wide open on the accuracy thing. To be honest I have not really bothered to check mine. I mean I used to with both my BR and Oris but as my collection has grown I have not checked. And I suppose I personally am not checking how far out or accurate all my watches are. Maybe I should check.....
    JR

I read on another forum that their CS wasn't up to much and it was enough to make me give them a miss.

If your watch was running -30 secs/day when you received it doesn't mean it was doing the same when it left Sinn.

My U2 ran about +5 out of the box, but slowed down to -35 in few months. Sent it to Sinn for free warranty regulation, after that it was fine ever since.

Your service was about twice as long as mine, and lack of communication was definitely poor customer service. But boycotting Sinn because the regulation of a mechanical watch has changed during unknown period and conditions before your purchase is overreacting IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by simmobb2 View Post
    Sinn's quality checks prior to despatch were obviously inadequate.

Sent from Maxwell Smart's shoe.
    watchesoff likes this.
    Cheers, M

"Both feet on the floor, two hands on the wheel, may the wind take your troubles away."

- Son Volt -

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information