Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Watchbreath

Thread: A world first: Breva Génie 01 Limited Edition in Platinum

Watchuseek Editor

A world first: Breva Génie 01 Limited Edition in Platinum

Name:  Breva.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  118.8 KB

Like many watch company founders, Vincent Dupontreué decided to make his own timepieces when he could not find a satisfactory solution to what he wanted. In Vincent’s case he wanted to be able to accurately measure his surrounding environment.

Starting in 2010, he creates watches with complications to monitor barometric pressure, altitude and air pressure. The Génie 01 was created in partnership with award-winning movement constructor, Jean-François Mojon at Chronode. It is the world’s first wristwatch with barometer for forecasting the weather and features a patented mechanism consisting of dual aneroid capsules to measure air pressure.

Breva’s 950 platinum-cased timepiece features a transparent sapphire dial to display the complexities of the movement. To ensure the legibility of the data on the see-through dial, Breva has fitted raised galvanic numbers and markers and blued steel hands on the hours and minutes dial, a deep blue-hued barometer dial at 2 o’clock and blue raised numbers on the altimeter dial.

Name:  Breva-copie.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  131.4 KB

The mechanical, manually-wound movement informs the wearer with a small seconds dial, altitude indicator, barometric pressure indicator, power reserve indicator, air pressure equaliser, equaliser seal indicator, barometric scale adjuster, and altitude scale adjuster. The movement has a power reserve of 65 hours, and the dial features a blued steel indicator to indicate the estimated remaining power. Génie 01 Limited Edition of just 12 pieces in Platinum comes on a hand-stitched, navy blue alligator strap with a 950 platinum fold-over clasp.

Visit the Breva website

Re: A world first: Breva Génie 01 Limited Edition in Platinum

Just try glancing at the time while driving with that one.
    Nokie likes this.

Yes, it would certainly require some focus and optical clarity to tell the time.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

"...It is the world’s first wristwatch with barometer for forecasting the weather..."

Horsefeathers. My Suunto X-Lander has been doing that for almost a decade since my mother gave it to me for my birthday. But it's all good.

Thread Information